30 days ago , I order 1200 yellow cards from yellow card.com , I obtained the list from listsource.com , here is the result I got 70 returned cards due to inaccurate addresses so far , about 10 total calls, I meet only 1 seller in foreclosure, she was behind 12 month in payments, her house need 40 K for updating, ARV 170. so there is not enough spread , not only that the seller want 80 K .
listsource.com provided me with :
1) absentee owners with 100% equity ( 500 cards) : these owners are not motivated as much as I thought, many of them want 100% market value, not wiling to consider seller finance of any type, or telling you the least price that they can accept. they want me to give them offer since I approached them to buy their property.
2) pre foreclosed list with 40-50% equity (out of 700 cards) : only 3 responds back.
the result is worthless while it cost me about $700 for the total of 1200 card
what are the best source for accurate listing?
what are the best method of mailing?
what is your methods of getting better results?
for starters stop buying leads if you can. I attempted to go through your county records and it may very well be the worst Property Appraiser site I have seen. You should play with it and see if it will allow you to create your own list. For example: my county site allows be to complete and advance search of my desired criteria and export it in to an excel spreadsheet.
From there I could scrub the list removing all LLC, company names, foreclosure(properties with bank names). and all I have to pay for is stamps, envolopes, printing paper.
you should also make sure you follow up with them. post cards are good option since they are in expensive for the quantity you can buy through sites like vistaprint.com
I would get your mailing list from a title company. They will normally provide it for free as long as you use them to do the closing if you land a deal. Once I have my list, I filter it out to specific zip codes and other criteria. I then use yellowletters.com to send out my mailers. I sent 1000 mailers and it cost around $500.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!