I just got my list from list source and plan on sending out my first direct mail campaign with alternating between letters and postcards to absentee owners (free and clear). Does anyone know of any good mailing services? I heard yellowletterscomplete.com makes them and sends them out for you. I was just wondering if anyone has used them or other similar services.
I've also heard the term "following up" with your mailings. Does that mean to just be consistent with your mailing to the homeowners? Correct me if I'm wrong. I was thinking 2nd and 4th week of the month a mailing was going to go out(I would do more but my budget is limited for now).
Thanks for any response.
Felix I use @Michael Q. for my marketing to probate and inheritance list.
I have between a 4%-10% call response on most of my mailing.
It may just be my market but I get the least amount of calls from the postcard, but that could be bc it's the 3rd and last mailing that is sent .
Good luck with your list, I mailed the absentee list once and got a great response.
Follow-up has two aspects:
1) YES, you want to "touch" your prospects repeatedly. We recommend 5-7 times MINIMUM. Most the big guys next stop - they are ALWAYS reaching out to likely sellers.
2) THEN, once someone contacts you - and you learn their name, address & contact info, maybe even go see their house. If they do not sell to you (or anyone else), we recommend touching them with a follow-up call at 3 mos., 6 mos. and 12 mos. - "Hi - just wanted to stay in touch and see if your situation has changed; let you know we're still interested....".
Dividing your list in two and doing two mailings (2nd and 4th weeks) is fine to spread things out a bit, but one issue with breaking up your mailings is you may end up paying more per piece (i.e., you could miss a volume discount).
Of course Michael Q. cannot self-promote so I will do it for him - YellowLetters.com is who I would use if I was not using our system.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing