direct mail generates leads for agents and short sales, what to do?

13 Replies

Hi Folks, What do folks do with the many leads one gets from a yellow letter/postcard campaign that have pretty houses and want full price? IE I'm not an Agent and can't have a fee agreement with an agent I pass these leads to. Same re when a short sale is needed.

How do you derive some financial benefit from the leads you can't get a yes on a low cash offer?

I already handle the low equity deals via subject 2 and lease option.

Seems like I have to give away with no assured benefit the short sale and agent sale leads?

Curt,

I would save them in a database and do a drip email campaign to them.
That way your name stays in front of them and when the situation changes they might call you.

-Ted

hi @Curt Smith . I am a Broker in Austin, TX and I buy leads from other investors for $50. I buy either buyer or seller leads, for properties valued more than 100k. My only stipulation is that i have to have an in-person meeting with the person. After I've had some type of in person meeting then I owe the investor the $50.

In my state the Real Estate Commission sets a maximum amount of $50 lead referral gift

Thanks guys for the "marketing company" tip!!! Makes sense that I can charge a flat fee for each lead, not a percent of the commission. Got it.

Just what this org is all about, insight.

Hit send too soon. Ok I sell leads I can't use from bonified sellers calling me from my yellow letters. How do I set up getting paid from agents? A paypal account...

Leads trickle in through the month. I need to get the lead to an agent in their area in a few hours. But it only makes sense I send a bill once a month. Any tips for the logistics?

The reality is that I may only forward a few to dozens of leads to each agent each month.

@Curt Smith

The way I do it is to post the lead on a website without the contact information. Set up email alerts so when a new lead comes in, it sends a message to your lead buyers that a new lead has arrived - they have a look and buy it.

-Ted

@Ted Schmidt

That sounds like having your own zbuyer/HBN service. What service/system do you use to host this function? Afordable?

I use a proprietary system and employ a full time admin to manage it - it's not cheap.

You could set up a Zoho CRM and put your leads and your RE agent contacts in it. Once you determine a lead is a listing opportunity, you could change the status of the lead and it could be automatically emailed to your agents. If they want to purchase the lead, you could fulfill it via a Square-enabled online store: https://squareup.com/sell-online

You could also do a similar thing with Infusionsoft, but it's pretty expensive (~$300/month).

-OR-

Simple solution is just strike a deal with a single agent, send her the leads, and invoice her once a month $100 per lead.

@Curt Smith -

Along the lines of what @Jarrod Weaver said. In Oregon, I drafted an agreement w/ an agent that I will get a "runner's fee" for the sellers that I refer to him.

@Curt Smith -

Hey Curt, how exactly did you go about sending the direct mailer? What was the method to your success if you don't mind me asking...

Thanks,

-Allan

@Dev Horn :
You could set up a Zoho CRM

Thanks for the tip I like that free for 3 users.

Zoho rocks. We're developing a custom implementation of it for REI lead and contact management. Great data management/CRM tool and the price is right!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide