Maximizing bird dog leads: Best way to get a hold of sellers

3 Replies

I have a bird dog that drives a bus. She is sending me pictures, and addresses of vacant houses in good areas. I've sent letters to the owners on the tax mailing, but haven't really received any responses.

What is the best way to capitalize on these leads? Skip trace?

What if they have been taken back by the bank? Can you get anywhere with asset managers before they list it, or is the foreclosure market too hot to pocket list someone?

Following as I am curious also!

@Dan Costantino

Like with any direct mail you are going to have to send a lot of letters to get a response. Did you send first class? If you send first class the mail will get forwarded if they put in a forwarding address, or it will get returned. If you send standard this will not be the case.

Yes! Skip Trace. I'm not sure if I am allowed to recommend a company here.... don't want to get in trouble. Pls send PM if you want my recommendation on that.

You won't be able to intercept the properties if they have slready been taken back by the bank and I would check to see if they are REO's or pre-foreclosures before you spent money on mailing. I hope this helps! Good luck investing!

Medium logo   copyTim Herndon, REI Marketing Systems | [email protected] | http://reimarketing.com

I like to start with leads that include a phone number. That's hard to do in a specific geography.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you