Door Hangers idea

3 Replies

I am planning on making a door hanger and using them in one school district, in the areas where I am looking to buy.

The contents:

Basics: Clear bag, magnetic (or regular) biz card, handwritten note or mini card, flyer printed on matte cardstock.

Other possibilities: A card (with small magnet attached) that shows community calendar and my info, small coupon book from local businesses that may want to participate (this could help pay for this campaign also).

I plan to follow this up in a month or two with a sticky note on each door that says, "Hi- We buy houses in as-is condition in (this area). If you are selling, or know someone who may be, please call me anytime, or check out (my website)! -Julie (xxx)xxx-xxxx"

I am hiring my teenage daughter and her friends to help me distribute.

I could also follow up again with free pencils given to kids through the schools, just an idea.

What are your thoughts on this? I will definetly update to let you know what I change and how it goes! Thanks everyone!!

-Julie

You might need to simplify your verbiage, he "AS IS" component may not register with everyday homeowners. Just my 2c. Good luck!!!

I've done the door-door flyer thing and didn't have any luck. I'd like to rethink my advertising piece and give it another go. I like your magnetic card idea as magnets are likely to be kept around and look at pretty frequently.

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded

I've done tons of door hanger campaigns but I have gotten only two calls - one that was window shopping and already had a Realtor he was working with and another that yelled at me to not put door hangers at his property as he had renters living there. Lots of money down the drain! :-(

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you