Direct Mail Sorting

7 Replies

I am needing help with organizing my list of probates. I think this may be more an excel question.

So I have a VA building my probates list with Estate Name, Executer Name and Address. So I am wanting to personalize each letter by using the names and property address without having to do each letter manually, so is there a way to upload my excel spread sheet and it automatically fill my "letter" and I can send off through Click2mail.com?

I would appreciate the help.

Google search for "mail merge".

Yes, you can. Once you identify your variable fields on your mailing piece, you can mail merge using most mailing vendors' online software after uploading your list(s).

Here's a tip, once you've successfully completed this task, create a short video for both yourself and VA by recording your online steps using a screen capture software like Snagit and produce in Camtasia, if you want to get fancy. The point is to have a short instructional video to memorialize how a task is performed and can be used to train new VA's (or refresh your memory, too).

I would also, if the list is large enough, run it through the NCOA system to grab the forwarding addresses. This is going to tell you who is the go to person for the Probate..

It will reduce your "Bad" mail.

Good Luck

@Michael Q. - what service provider do you recommend for NCOA processing? Problem I've seen with many is they want you to sign a long term agreement or pay a min. of $50 per file processed.

@Dev Horn

if you every need a file ran through let me know... I would be happy to help... No cost.

@Michael Q.

@Steve Babiak @Rick Harmon

Thank you guys for the great advice!

Hi,

Can you explain what is NCOA processing and who are the providers for it?

Jason

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.