Direct Mailing Lists

7 Replies

Ok, I want to get the names and addresses for everyone in my area that owns multi-family apartments. Where do I go to get those lists? The assessors office? Do I have to go to every county to get there list or can I just go to one county and get them all for the entire state?

Also, where are some good places to go online that has mailing lists that you all use?

I've found you can access alot of county records online via your counties website. Also, listsource.com seems to be very popular, they allow you to narrow your search by the parameters you are looking for, ie. unpaid taxes, properties with no mortgages etc.

@Karma Senge -

I always start w/ title companies. They can give you most of these lists for free. Of course, this is in the context of a relationship where you intend to close your deals with them.

@Travis Daggett  

Is this a service that title companies are used to providing?  How do I start that interaction with them?  As a new investor to the Colorado Springs area, would I just approach a title company, and tell them my parameters?  If they charge for a mailing list, what is a good price? 

@Karma Senge  Title companies or a list company like listsource or listability.

@Daniel Elbe  

Heritage Title has a lot of good resources for lists. I don't know if they are available to non-brokers, but you can always ask. My contact is Shelly Farmer, her number is 888-208-9707. Good Luck!

@Daniel Elbe I have a title company that gives me the default list for free. 

Also, back-door Listsource access that lowers the cost to .06 per record.

howd you get that access travis? :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide