Updating Your Direct Mail List

2 Replies

When people respond to your direct mail piece and you remove them from your list, how do you prevent mailing them again when you get a new list?

For example, let's say I mail to absentee owners. Over the next month, I get responses (deals, take me off your list, etc.). Next month, I pull an absentee list again. Some new people are on the list and some of those on the previous list are not on the new one. I want to make sure that I don't mail again to those that responded to a previous mailing.

I appreciate your input!

Hi @Travis Daggett

Excel has the ability to remove duplicate rows. You can do a google search for "excel remove duplicate rows". Here is a guide form Microsoft on how to do this...

Remove Duplicate Rows in Excel

Or

You can also probably easily create a macro that does this. Take a look at this link...

Macro to Delete Duplicate Rows

@Travis Daggett you pull an absentee list every month on same area? Maybe change up the type of mailer your sending out month to month. Compile a list of some of the more pissed off homeowners to reference.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.