Probate letters/postcards - best company to fill order?

3 Replies

Hello-

I'm wondering who everyone is using to fill orders for letters/postcards to probate leads. I just started my direct mailing campaign, and sent out quite a few non-probate postcards, but it seems to me that probate leads are more sensitive in that names have to be correct (don't want the letter to be addressed to a dead guy!). Anyone have any tips? What are your experiences with different services? Thanks so much.

Jose

I wouldn't be sending postcards to probate leads. The sellers are in a potentially sensitive frame of mind in dealing with the death of a loved one, and postcards seem.......maybe insensitive??

Something a little more formal may be in order. Just a thought.

If sending postcards a generic would probably be your best choice. If someone has interest in selling they do if they dont well no matter what the letter says its not going to convince them to sell.

A good yellow letter explaining what you do or a typed professional letter may be your best bet.

However I would send all three as people relate and receive things differently. The beverage and automobile industries are famous for this type of variable attack and we should use it as well.

Also some great things are hitting the probate arena soon.. I will keep you posted on them.

Little late to this discussion but here’s my two cents.

So we manage mailing campaigns that send out letters with various messages in the 1, 3, 5, and 7th months, and then a simple postcard in the 12th month telling sellers the investor is there to help if they need them.

Also, while you never know who the mailers will reach and whether they are bereaved members of the family who just lost a loved one, all our letters include sensitive messages that sympathize with the seller and offer to help them sell their inherited property.    

Updated 12 months ago

Just noticed the first paragraph was deleted before I posted. Here it is: We've helped several investors reach out to probate property owners for over a decade and our clients tell us letters work best for them. But different people react to different mailers and messages.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here