Leads

4 Replies

New investor here in Oregon and I have much research to do. I will be conducting my first rehab and am in search of leads. I will eventually invest in bandit signs and mailing campaigns, but not now. My options are the MLS (REO agents), craigslist, preforclosure/forclosure/probate lists via the county. Is it legal to call those listed
homeowners directly? Also, there seems to be good competition in the area; any other advice on getting the upper hand on my first deal? Much appreciation for the help.

With a lot of competition MLS and craigslist will be tough, as other investors will be keyed in and getting the best leads before you even see them. I would door knock on the probate and pre-foreclosure lists if that is your desired path to get started. You will get the door slammed in your face a lot of times, but you never know when someone might want to work with you

You can get a lot of bandit signs for $100 - that is a good way to get the phone ringing and start practicing talking to sellers - as long as it is legal in your area.

Thank you for your help!

There's little point in calling the owner on listed property. They're obligated to pay their listing agent a commission during the listing period.

Hi Jon,

It took me months to figure out how to generate leads.  Postlets is usually the best way because it moves the listing to several classifieds.  Just curious what other areas is your broker licensed in?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.