Properties on MLS

3 Replies

I am looking for REI that are interested in properties on the MLS in Los Angeles county. Is there a place to present these perspective deals for investor review?

Hello @Ken Bryant

Good question. If you are simply showing publicly accessible (MLS) deals to a wide unknown audience, there is the possibility that they may use the RE Agent that they've been working with in the past. Most ethical investors would likely use whoever offers up the deal, but it's something to think about.

Another approach is to reach out to successful investors in the area that you are targeting and seeing if they are open to working with you. You can meet them through BP or REI Meetings. You only need 1-3 "good" investors that will buy all of the "good" deals that you can find.

What's important in the current market is speed, as any real deal will be gone very quickly. So as you develop the relationships, I would recommend developing a system to instantly make offers that you know meet their criteria (with phone, text, email approval).

I offer a couple of RE Agents in our area the promise of a double-ended commission, they find a deal where the numbers work. They get the listing once I've rehabbed the property.

Good Luck!

Thanks Peter,

Your feedback is appreciated.

If I can ever assist you with anything in So Cal don't hesitate to contact me.

Originally posted by @Ken Bryant :
I am looking for REI that are interested in properties on the MLS in Los Angeles county. Is there a place to present these perspective deals for investor review?

@Ken Bryant - You said, "Is there a place to present these perspective deals for investor review?". The answer: Yes. It's called the MLS.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.