Establishing an Investors List

6 Replies

I'm new to the business and have no flips under my belt. I am seeking suggestions on the best way to approach potential private investors, specifically the type of presentation. I'm sure they want numbers but I have none to offer. Thanks for you help.

Steve

I am assuming you are referring to finding investors that buy wholesale deals in your area.

If so then that list is easy to put together.

you'll search on listsource.com for property owners using the following criteria.

SFR

99-100 Equity

purchased within last 12 months

Absentee owned

stay below your median value

Don't remove trusts or corps

Don't remove duplicates

then send them something like this

Michael Q,

You're awesome, thanks

Jonathan

Great wholesale info from Michael Q, but I read your post and it seemed you were looking for investors to fund a flip. If you have no experience, you're likely only to get money from family or close friends - people who know you and trust you and are willing to bet on you. An outsider won't bet on you, they'll only join in on something profitable with a proven track record.

Good stuff @Michael Q.

@Steve West when you approach an investor, you'll have a deal right? You could use real numbers.

If you're looking for potential investors to fund future flips, you could create a sample investor package and show them the type of things they can expect when you do have a deal. You can use hypothetical numbers in the meantime.

I'm new to investing as well and still looking to do my first deal. For what it's worth, I always hear that it's easier to find the money when you have a property under contract.

Getting a deal under contract , with little money and no experience... much harder in real life than it is from a guru seminar!

Thanks to all for the great advice...very helpful.

Steve

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here