Hiring promoters?

5 Replies

Since I am newer to the area where I am now doing business, I was wondering what thoughts are about hiring a few people who know more people than me to do some marketing for me. Just chatting people up, handing out promotional materials, etc. on a strictly commissioned basis. Is anyone else doing this? What complications do I need to worry about? Thanks!

@Alanya Boyer

What is your business that you're attempting to market?

I am looking for distressed homeowners to acquire properties for wholesale/rentals.

This is simply my take, which is generally geared towards I tend to do things myself in the beginning until I fully comprehend the process/task.

Start building your network of people. You don't need to pay anyone, salary or commission, to find these deals. Know what you're looking for, and by the sounds of it you're looking for pre-foreclosure deals. Here is a short list of professionals that may be able to assist you in finding those deals:

Real Estate/Divorce/Bankruptcy Attorneys

Real Estate Agents

Loan Officers/HOA

Don't forget friends and family (word of mouth)

Thanks Derek :) I'm working on meeting new people, but so far I really only know other investors! We really have no family or friends here. The attorneys I have not tried yet. I will get on that.

sounds like you might look for bird dogs or wholesalers there.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you