What is a good website conversion rate?

6 Replies

We have 2 websites and I'd like know what others are seeing as far as conversion rates.

We use PPC ads as well as SEO.

We are getting anywhere from 1.5%-5% of people who go to the site fill out our webform. I would like to know from you guys how this compares to others doing similar marketing?

For PPC ads it should be 5%-10%.

Ouch, thanks for feedback. I know our 1 website is poor and needs a re-design, this will push me to get it done faster.

There's a lot that factors that go into conversion rates - your site is only one piece of the puzzle. Your traffic sources, volume, calls to action in ads, etc. all play a role. The right question to ask is if you're making money doing what your doing now - even better, what changes to make to get more. You'll want to start a regiment of disciplined testing over time - split testing (also called A/B) testing. These test factor out a lot of noise (seasonality, weather, holiday flux, etc.) and give you clear cause and effect insights to your changes. In your PPC campaigns, you should always be split testing your ads (at least two ads per ad group, rotating evenly) and on your site, you should run split tests as well. For tracking test performance on your site, you can use content experiments with Google Analytics, or you could opt for something more user friendly like Optimizely, etc. Don't just settle for what the "standard" or "average" might be, but test to arrive at your maximum.

@Steve L. 5 - 10% for PPC is pretty darn good.

@John Horner I run about 3 different add campaigns with PPC and I'm getting about 2 - 3% conversion rate for my webform/leads. The visits however are higher with PPC. in the range of 5% and above.

I have started to optimize my keywords recently for my website SEO and I have yet to see the difference.

I would definitely say that I generate more leads via online/SEO from google and facebook then any other means of marketing. I do allocate my marketing budget every month consistently and also try 3 - 4 different methods for generating leads. You can read my article below;

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/223/topics/124892-how-i-make-my-marketing-a-success---a-lead-machine

Thanks!

Sid

I only do SEO for my sights (no PPC) and I'm seeing about 3% to 5% conversions. Definitely take a look at the keywords you are targeting with PPC, are they specific and local enough?

Also start testing out contact forms and the number of fields that you are using. The more fields you have the less likely someone is to fill out the information. With that said, check out something called a 2-step contact form.

@John Horner Much like direct mail it is probably very area specific so pay closer attention to the conversion rates of others in your geographic region.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here