Finding Unique Rentors

5 Replies

I have a unique piece of property available for rent that is located in an area that allows me to command a high rent price. Historically, this apartment has been rented to ambassadors and foreign dignitaries. However, the last ambassador has left and the place has been empty for quite a while. My question is, how do i advertise my property to ambassadors? has anyone had any experience with this? Do i just call embasseies and ask is they're looking to rent?

if it has been "historically rented to ambassadors and foreign dignitaries" how did you find them before?

The previous owner managed to find them. Have no idea how, i figured he must have had connections

Why is it uniquely suited to this group of renters? Location? It might have been a good idea to ask before the last tenant left how they received the information about the place. For this kind of thing you need to see how proprerties are identified for these renters. Is there a relocation agent they normally go through? Is there an office that always has contact with this type of tenant. Is it suitable for other types of tenants? what is the vacancy costing? I assume word of mouth may get you from tenant to tenant but you have lost the connection with the last tenant you might see if there is a contact you can revive there. Not sure if it is too long to go back to the last tenant maybe with some kind of post rental survey on the place-just a thought.

It would be interesting to try to evict someone or collect a judgement with diplomatic immunity in play .

@Matthew Paul , that's an interesting thought. I hadn't even thought of that. What DO you do? Pay upfront maybe?

@Salah Saad, since you don't have these connections, it would be a good idea to go straight to the source of who would know... the embassies or State Dept. would be my guess. I can't imagine that they would be hard to locate in your area. Give them a call or send them some mail. I would even check the mailbox to see if you can get some clues on who was there before.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you