Marketing Strategies

11 Replies

What is the best resulting marketing strategy you use in your area for motivated sellers?

Honestly, our strategy is just to make lots and lots of offers on REO's. We also go to auctions, scroll craigslist, network with wholesalers and send out letters to foreclosures. I've had some success with letters, but from the sounds of it, it is often a successful strategy. When we've used bandit signs in the past, most of what we get are junk leads.

Yeah, I haven't had much luck from bandit signs and craigslist ads are highly competitive it seems like. Where do you get your REO leads from?

If you want advice on bandit signs, PM me (this post will be deleted if I mention anything with bandit signs since they violate most local city laws). Flyers work really well, but require lots of boots on the ground. The marketing strategies you utilize should be specific to your niche. Are you wholesaling to landlords, or other rehabbers? Probate, NOD with equity, absentee work well. If you wholetail and plan on doing mortgage assignments, or sub-2, then text blasting and voiceblasting ads on CL, backpages, etc works really well (and this is legal to do because ads on CL are considered a business to business lead because they are soliciting for offers, and therefore don't fall under the same laws under the Do Not Call registry.)

Direct mail to absentees with equity.  Check out electronic billboards which are affordable compared to static printed boards.  Buy an inexpensive panel van and WRAP IT with your message, then loan it out to clients and friends who are moving.

You find REOs on the MLS - get a good agent to keep an eye for deals. Most of them are selling for more than I can pay as an investor - just too much competition from every investor and handy man, etc.

Pay-per-Click is a winner, but be prepared to pay the price for the expensive keywords in this business - some cost $12 a CLICK.  Not a form submission; just a CLICK.

This game is being played by people that do the marketing, and go to the auctions, and troll the MLS, and network, etc. etc. There is not one single super productive "funnel" for this business - you better have 4 or 5 funnels going or you will not have enough leads to sustain your business...  Good luck!

"The man who stops advertising to save money is like the man who stops the clock to save time." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by @Casey Carroll :

If you want advice on bandit signs, PM me (this post will be deleted if I mention anything with bandit signs since they violate most local city laws). Flyers work really well, but require lots of boots on the ground. The marketing strategies you utilize should be specific to your niche. Are you wholesaling to landlords, or other rehabbers? Probate, NOD with equity, absentee work well. If you wholetail and plan on doing mortgage assignments, or sub-2, then text blasting and voiceblasting ads on CL, backpages, etc works really well (and this is legal to do because ads on CL are considered a business to business lead because they are soliciting for offers, and therefore don't fall under the same laws under the Do Not Call registry.)

Casey,

What text and voice blast service are you using.  I'm rebuilding my marketing follow up system and I'm looking for a phone service that can handle incoming texts and phone calls, then run a text auto responder for follow up.  Not sure everything will come from one vendor but I think text follow up on leads and offers will be huge.  From past experience I get overwhelmed with work easily and need to automate as much as possible

Originally posted by @Casey Carroll :

Casey,

What text and voice blast service are you using.  I'm rebuilding my marketing follow up system and I'm looking for a phone service that can handle incoming texts and phone calls, then run a text auto responder for follow up.  Not sure everything will come from one vendor but I think text follow up on leads and offers will be huge.  From past experience I get overwhelmed with work easily and need to automate as much as possible

For text blasting I use callfire.com. To get the data, you can hire a VA to scour craigslist for the types of deals you're looking for, or you can buy a "scraper" that will scrape this data for you. Not sure about text autoresponders actually. When I do a text blast, I will put in a spreadsheet of 3k numbers from FSBO listings in 4 to 5 different states for an entire month, and then I'll have 200-300 motivated sellers call me. You can text them back within the same tool too.

Wow! Some really good information in this thread. Thanks for all those great ideas!

@Ryan Novak  

1.bandit signs

2.direct mail letters,or post cards

3.flyers,business cards,

4.networking,online and off line marketing

Marketing to probates and estates have far and away been my best source of leads. I send these leads typed out letters. I've noticed very little competition for this in my area. I started out bidding on foreclosures but there is just too much competition with these. The "do it yourself" type rehabbers were always able to out bid me. 

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here