Need to be more productive

2 Replies

Right now I work 50+ hrs a week. I listen to BP podcasts. Also I send out a hundred mailers a week, no luck yet. I feel like I am getting nowhere. I'm assuming I should just be patient. I am just trying to buy a few rentals. How else can I be productive?

100 mailers is not very much.  To put it into perspective a recent thread suggested it takes 5600 mailers to get a deal. Obviously that will vary widely but you simply need to do more or it will likely take a while to get your 1st deal. 

I would estimate on average it takes 6  months for someone to get their first deal.  Some do it in a month some take over a year.  

The more you do the faster it will come. As the saying goes "that harder I work, the luckier I get"

Network, go out an look at as many properties as you can to learn your market, and use more than one method  to find deals.

Yes I am going to say, talk to more people. Try driving for dollars and just talking to people you see on the road in the neighborhood. Real estate is not something you can just super quick results like that. only in rare occurrences does that happen. Good Luck to you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here