Business cards for 2 people

6 Replies

My wife and I are partners in our new venture into REI. This may seem like a simple question but I wanted to get some input from the more knowledgeable folks out there.

When we order business cards, should we order 2 separate sets or would it be ok to have the info for both of us on 1 set of cards? I realize this could cause some confusion but, obviously we are not competing with each other to get business and it would save us a little money (keeping in mind that money is tight). I understand cards are relatively inexpensive but we do still have to pay for them. It would also give people the option of more than one contact. I know some people are more comfortable working with men, some more so with women.

Thanks for the help!

Definitely one person per business card. It seems unprofessional to have 2 names per card and if you're starting a new business together, you want to start off on the right foot and give people the right first impression of your company. 

I've heard that vistaprint.com is an inexpensive and trustworthy place to print from. They have business card design templates you can use. 

Do it right the first time. Build a good brand reputation right from the start.

@Steve Shultz  Ideally, I think you would want to have a separate set of cards for each person, but I don't think there's any problem with having two names on the cards. I would probably limit the email and phone numbers down to just one if you can. As long as others are able to contact you and know what you do, I don't think other investors will be too critical of your business cards. I usually write the contact information into my database and then throw the cards away anyways.

Thanks,

George

@Steve Shultz  Separate cards with the same contact info conveys a sense of professionalism. Having different phone numbers, different email addresses and different addresses would be suspicious, at least in my eyes. 

I agree with everyone above (two business cards). Over 25 years in the business I have only seen one business card with two names on it and I remember this because (my opinion) it looked odd to me.

I just got a few hundred cards from an online printer called, "Ink Garden," and they were $12.00. (Less than my previous cards from Vistaprint).

Thanks to everyone for the input! I will take it all under advice and go for separate cards for each of us.

Thanks again! You all rock!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you