Mapping out Drive for dollars

12 Replies

Hello, 

I have started to do drive for dollars. I am attempting to create a list of 1000 distressed properties in my farm area. 

My question is does anyone have any technology or suggestions to make this process more efficent? I currently use a google sheet to keep track of all the addresses this way I can update from my phone then mail merge to a google docs letter template once I fill out owner info from auditors site ( I may have a VA do this filling in of data once I figure out the best process).

My main issue is keeping track of the areas I have already hit. Does anyone know of an app or something that you can cross off street you have drove. If there is nothing more soffiticated than print screen shots of google maps and highlighting the areas I have drove I will just do that. 

This is my first crack at direct marketing so any suggestions would be fantastic. 

Thanks in advance!

Jered

I use My Tracks from Google.  Since my smart phone uses Google Maps anyway it works really well.  It saves directly to Google Drive and gives a map, mileage, time, and more.  Its perfect for driving for dollars.

Can you add notes (like property address or phone numbers from a for rent sign) and pics to My Tracks?

Thanks

Triplog app tracks your mileage for tax purposes AND maps the route you took. (iPhone)

Nathan Rice 
Zippy Home Buyer

A buddy of mine uses this app. I think he pays 19.99 a month but it is amazing. Tracks all the houses and even pulls the county records for mailing address and exports to a csv format for easy mail merge for your yellow letter campaigns:

The Driving For Dollars App by Driving For Dollars

https://appsto.re/us/BnBA-.i

Bumping this thread as I found it while searching....

I also use My Tracks. The good thing about it is that you can upload it to google maps to create a custom map with all of your routes on it (google calls this MyMaps)

There is also a Google MyMaps app, so you can see the areas you have already visited even when out driving for dollars

My Tracks has been discontinued - anyone have a new alternative?

@Craig Crook

I remember hearing on one of the BP podcasts about a guy that uses Evernote for this. Sorry I don't remember which episode. He said Evernote has a geomapping feature that can log your location, and then you can snap a photo and enter the address or any other notes about the property into Evernote.

I'm not a Evernote user, so I don't know exactly how this is done, but it might be worth checking out.

I'd be interested in hearing some updated D4$ mapping methods also. Being able to digitally track streets you've been to would be fantastic!

I was searching for Driving for Dollars strategies and came across this discussion. This may help someone?

I created my own custom Google Map (https://www.google.com/mymaps) and I am drawing a boundary around each neighborhood by color and labeling with the date I drove the neighborhood.

I also add a note about how many homes I found. I try to drive in a grid so it's easy to track. I also use the google map app to press and hold a pin on a home and save it so it records the address for research at home. It's quick and simple. 

I down loaded from my iPhone App Store the app Deal Machine. Has anyone used it? I haven't used it yet but it claims I can take a picture of it and it will "research" the property and find owners' contact information and send a direct mail post card. Its a service for $99. a month.

It doesn't seem at this point to provide any tracking but as I said, ,I haven't actually singed up for this or used it.

Doug

@Doug Haisten

Did you find out about this app yet? It sounds very useful. You can also call the company and they can probably tell you all the features. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.