Following up with Internet Leads

4 Replies

Simple question...

For those people that get internet leads that aren't deals but the person has some level of motivation...how sort of follow up marketing do you do to these leads?  Assuming you get a phone number, a mailing address and email from each lead.  

Thanks!

Scott, one of the things I try to focus on (and share with my team members) is having the ability to build massive rapport and connection over the phone.

At that point, the trust factor is through the roof and now offering them options on selling becomes the goal (assuming they don't want to take the all cash offer)  So in regards to follow up, its mostly following up and pushing the ball down the field in the particular option that they eventually choose once we both identify what that option is.

Ex: if they don't want our all cash offer, we explore WITH them a lease option or sub2, then as a last resort, we explore the option to list with one of our partner realtors in their area.

And this is specific to the leads i'm getting online (and I'm getting a ton of them too lol)

@Rob Pene  Thanks for the feedback.  Always good to see how others are handling their business.  Do you ever send follow up letters that might outline additional options that you might offer?  Say a letter that explains lease options (in terms they could understand).

Scott, that's a great idea bc we don't currently send physical mailers for follow up...we send emails instead :)

I am planning on sending up follow up letters with offers enclosed.  For ones that don't meet my criteria to wholesale, I am passing those off to my realtor, and to someone who does lease options, or I may lease option them myself. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here