we have picked up a large list of probate leads with extensive information. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of filtering such lists? Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks in advance!
if you have it in excel, do the first one and create a step by step guidance so you can then pass it to a Virtual Assistant to do the rest of the work. once you have the data organized, you can up load it to a direct mailing data base. I have a trained VA if interested ask via PM
Ok, I am clueless here. What do you do with probate lists, how do you get them, what do they cost and what is your success rate? I only come across estate deals by referral or chance and would like more.
1. You use the list to market to it, ether by direct mail marketing, calling or visiting the house.
2. You get them ether through paid services or access through public records with your local county.
3. Cost depends if you pay for a service, you pay a VA to do it for you, or free if you do it your self (also depending if you allocate or put value to your time).
4. Success rate, like everything in life, success rate is correlated to the amount of effort. However, probate sellers are typically more motivated that regular sellers since they most likely don't live the house and just want cash to move on with their lives.
Sharon Vornholt from BP is a good resource for this subject
The Surrogates office is the place in the county courthouse that you can find probate files. Every county seems to have a different way of keeping them (computer or files) and they all have different rules on how you can look threw them. This of course can be avoided if you can just buy the list from someone/company. Nobody I could find in NJ sells this list anymore.
Filtering which probate cases are good leads is the pain. Not all probate files have real estate in them. Also you have to make the personal decision which situations you don't want to deal with. I chose not to contact parents who might have lost their child for an example.
@Sharon Vornholt really knows about Probate.
Hope that helps
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.