Facebook PPC to find sellers?

34 Replies

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now

@Craig Norris Thanks for the advice.  We are marketing to potential sellers on there now so we will see how it goes.  So far I've had about 30 leads but no conversion yet.  The ones I know doing say they need 80 leads to convert one.  I will let it run for a few months and see how it goes.  Cost per click is only $0.25 where Google adwards is 10-20x that number.  

I'm closing a wholesale deal that came to from just sharing my craigslist ad on a ton of "garage sale" Facebook pages. I'm considering to doing a $10-20 one time ad and maybe ramp it up a bit after closing if I get some leads.

@Dev Horn Great insight, thanks for sharing your learnings. Makes a lot of sense to use PPC for higher converting leads and FB for brand building. Any keyword categories you find have the most success when trying to find sellers? 

I just checked, and in the last 7 days my client received 16 leads for ~$200/conversion. Use AdWords to fill the top of the funnel with highly motivated sellers, then remarket the hell out of those folks through Facebook. 

This post is a good read.  I'm a DM guy that's taking a dive into online marketing, and considering using FB.  I have learned that you can't just push your offer on folks, you have to educate them.  Also, your website has to be able to convert the people that's actually clicking on your site.  A site that educates a seller has a greater chance of converting than a site that only says "submit your property info here".

Retarget people who engage with native content. Create content that only a target niche audience will find value in then retarget them with more content that explains who your company is, the benefits of working with you and how much faster and easier it is to have you solve their problem. You can even teach them how to solve it themselves but make choosing you the clear option to save time, money and stress.

Hi everyone, I've read all of the posts and have owned businesses that use both ppc as well Facebook.
One business startup was a fitness gym which rolled out only via Facebook ads. A huge find! It grew huge by Facebook alone!
Has anyone tried locating opportunities via Facebook ads specifically asking those on Facebook to tell them about run down or vacant homes in their neighborhoods?
My thinking is, people don't want vacant homes near them. People fear break ins or other negative factors due to run down homes in their neighborhoods. Shrubs and grass over growing everything makes for an eyesore. Soon vandals appear.
I don't know if a finders fee or referral fee can be paid, but it adds value for the Facebook ad!
Has anyone tried this approach? Is it legal?
Thoughts?

I have ran hundreds of Facebook ads but none toward motivated sellers in distressed properties.  I do think with the correct targeting and marketing it could be very beneficial.  The trick with Facebook ads is to test a'lot of different things and compile what works into a single strategy.  My suggestion would be to focus on neighborhoods and market like crazy to those neighborhoods.  You can target by zip code. I would simply target Homeowners who are looking to move.  You could also try narrowing down even further into financial parameters with household income targeting.

You also have to look at what your ad itself says. What colors is it? What message are you trying to portray? Advertising online is all about being creative.  I've found that asking questions and using red, orange, and green colors work great as they catch the eye from the Facebook blue.  Also using video works well.  

I would try setting up a series of ads over a 2-3 month period. For instance have two different ads going the first week two different the second and so on.  The more pieces of content people see helps with conversions. Studies say the average online conversion takes 11 pieces of content from a business before they make a conversion. I would first use education based marketing ads, then move into ads about your company, and finally I would run ads asking to buy their home.  

I've always believed that if you can be in front of them in several places your credibility and trust factor goes way up increasing your chances to get the call and win over the deal. Chances are majority of these folks know they need to sell and have been looking for other areas to live around the web. If you have bandit signs, door hangers, mailers, and you're cold calling, door knocking, and running Facebook ads you will see results. Use Facebook to educate your audience and then real them in.

Shane,

Anyway you could share your ad, targeting, and lead funnel for this? That's honestly pretty impressive if you can get conversions out of every few calls. The best marketing you set up and just let run!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you