Outsourcing A Web Site ???

10 Replies

I was about to start the process of building a web site to generate some seller leads. I was thinking of outsourcing this process via elance or a similar company. 

Could any one give me any tips? Have you ever outsourced tasks or work to help build or systematize your business? Thanks.

I have outsourced my website to a guy in Thunder Bay, Canada and his pricing and quality are incredible.  If you want to know what his work looks like you can check out my company website and also my personal site at curtdavisonline.com  If you like what you see I can put you in contact with him.  I got my site built for under $1,000 each.  

Understand that just bc you have a website doesnt mean anyone will find you, you will need to have it around for a long time and most likely need to hire a SEO expert to help you with your search rankings.

disclaimer - I am not trying to solicit you by any means, just showing you the work I have had done by a freelance company.

Curt Davis, Real Estate Agent in TN (#00321765)
605-310-7929

That would be great @Curt Davis. If you could email me his contact info I would really appreciate it.

Yes I know a bit of HTML programming and understand its a long process. I have tried to go the route of programming the site my self and its just a huge head ache. 

I just read a great book recommended by many called e myth. I'm going to read it again. I am in the infant stages of my real estate business and am doing many daily tasks my self that are very time consuming. The web site is something that I can afford to have done so I can continue doing more important tasks to find deals.

Mailers, answering the phone, wife 4 kids, mow lawn, part time job, driving for dollars, podio, probate listings, Excel files, chess, video games, $$$, call leads, oil change, eat, sleep, breath, omg kid again, twice in one night, how is that even possible. lol 

Yea you know the drill.          

If you do decide to build a site yourself you could save a lot of time by using Wordpress and a premium theme.  I go this route for all my websites even though i know HTML as well.   

I do recommend outsourcing what you can though because building a website is not a money making activity as they say.  It's working in your business not on it.

There are also some prebuilt website services out there.  Some are better then others but are worth looking at as well.

@Ben G.

I have no monthly cost.  When I want to have changes made my programmer gives me a reasonable price and makes them quickly.  I pay through PayPal.  Very simple.  I am currently not doing SEO with my web developer, we have outsourced this to a separate company.  Its not a monthly fee but is a negotiated fee for specific things they do for us.

605-310-7929

@Curt Davis  that interactive map on your site is cool but drives me nuts because I scroll down on websites using the wheel on my mouse.  If my mouse is over the map is zooms the map and doesn't scroll.   Outside of that excellent website :)

thanks, I agree with you . I just got in the habit of waiting to use the wheel till I scrolled under the map. Thx for your feedback. 

605-310-7929

Hi Chris

Odesk is another source to find freelancers. There are loads there who can do a good job for a nominal free fixed or per hour.

Wordpress is one of the best. Its easy to build and Maintain. All content changes can be made with little or no training. As you have mentioned you have programming, you may be able handle yourself.

Thanks for the feed back Atchut ill have to look in to that. 

If you know how to post on this forum then you can create pages with WordPress. It's simple to use and its plugins enhance it dramatically. You'll be able to find a theme for real estate just make sure it's Responsive, which means it recognizes what device the visitor is using to view the website, so if it is a mobile device the webpage will render differently to look nicely on a smaller screen.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.