Finding Motivated Sellers on Craigslist?

1 Reply

Good afternoon BP Nation!

I was wondering if anyone uses CL to find motivated sellers.  I searched most of the recent posts and blogs for CL, but didn't find what I was looking for.

For those that use CL:

1) How many times a day/week do you post?

2) Do you use different accounts to keep from being ghosted?

3) How many calls/clicks do you get from this source?

Thanks for reading!

This is my thought. I spent probably 6 months posting that I purchase property. I think I got maybe a few calls and all wanted too much money. I posted as often as allowed for one account. I decided it wasn't worth it. It was a small market with not a lot of Craig's List fans.

I know here in Denver there is one entity that posts multiple times a day searching for sellers. They must get something out of it or they would quit. It seems like they are very tech savvy because they violate a number of Craig's List rules and still stay posted. I did a little reading and found out that it's possible but you either have to pay someone to do it or spend a lot of time to do it. As I said, their approach violates CL posting rules, so I decided it wasn't something I wanted to do.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you