Finding Motivated Sellers on Craigslist?

1 Reply

Good afternoon BP Nation!

I was wondering if anyone uses CL to find motivated sellers.  I searched most of the recent posts and blogs for CL, but didn't find what I was looking for.

For those that use CL:

1) How many times a day/week do you post?

2) Do you use different accounts to keep from being ghosted?

3) How many calls/clicks do you get from this source?

Thanks for reading!

This is my thought. I spent probably 6 months posting that I purchase property. I think I got maybe a few calls and all wanted too much money. I posted as often as allowed for one account. I decided it wasn't worth it. It was a small market with not a lot of Craig's List fans.

I know here in Denver there is one entity that posts multiple times a day searching for sellers. They must get something out of it or they would quit. It seems like they are very tech savvy because they violate a number of Craig's List rules and still stay posted. I did a little reading and found out that it's possible but you either have to pay someone to do it or spend a lot of time to do it. As I said, their approach violates CL posting rules, so I decided it wasn't something I wanted to do.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here