GoogleAdwords campaign

26 Replies

i currently have a PPC google adwords campaign, and not had much results. today 3rd party company contact me and told me that they can help generate better results by changing the settings on my google ads. Does anyone have any experience with this? The company is 180Fusion and the guy says that they are recommended by google to help better results with google adwords. Any info will help.

Ed Ponce

Ask for referrals to verify if you can. 

We did something like this before and it did increase traffic to our site but didnt turn into any sales which is the ultimate goal.

Medium buymemphisnow stacksCurt Davis, Buy Memphis Now | [email protected] | 605‑310‑7929 | http://www.BuyMemphisNow.com

I have someone manage my adwords campaign, but not the company that you mentioned.  At first I set-up a campaign and managed the adwords account myself.  I then hired a company to manage the account for me.  The campaign they set-up is completely different than the one I create.  I realized that I had no idea what I was doing!  Adwords seems simple, but it is more complicated than it appears.

I recommend paying for services that you do not have the expertise to do yourself.  If adwords is not set up correctly and monitored for keyword optimization then you will end up wasting a lot of money.

Curt,

Thank you for your quick response. I will ask for for referrals and see how it looks like. Currently it does not give me any ROI, so I have to do some thing. But it's more complicated then it seems. Again thanks.

Rhonda,

I did the same, i created the adword campaign but with no results. This company took a look at my set up and told me it was not going to give any good results. It is more complicated then it seems. Who are you using and how long have you used them for? I assume you are getting a good ROI?

ed-

@Ed Ponce  I would check on Elance to see what you can find to compare.

If you'd like to share your campaign setup and stats with me is be happy to take a glance and give an opinion free. Been working with Internet advertising for close to 20 years now, and with search and related ads since they've existed.

John D., Palm Vacation Rentals | [email protected] | 4155195039

Many people find that it's not easy to fine tune an AdWords campaign.  A lot of testing goes into finding the keyword phrases and types (exact or broad match, etc.).  Many people fail to properly set the geo targeting and other aspects to fine tune the campaign.

You can refine it via trial and error and turn into a very productive machine.  Just takes some time + testing & refinement.  You should take up the offer that @John D.  put out there - a person that's been doing PPC/AdWords for a while can really speed things up by quickly diagnosing the issues with your current campaign.

The other option is to purchase leads from people that do this for a living.  It's hard to beat their cost per lead because they have extremely efficient & effective campaigns, keyword sets, etc.

Medium wbh square logoDev Horn, We Buy Houses® | [email protected] | 877‑932‑8946 | http://webuyhouses.com/profile/arlington

Thank you John D,

I really appreciate that, i will PM you a screen shot. What else do you need?

ed-

Hey Dev,

I would agree, this type of advertising takes some expertise of a higher level that i dont poses. I think that would be a great idea, buy leads from expert marketers. How would you go about finding these people? Thanks a lot for the info.

ed-

While these types of campaigns are best left to an expert, it's important to become reasonably educated and familiar yourself.......or you'll have no way to know if your expert is doing a decent job (or even if they are doing anything at all).  There are lots of PPC management companies out there that are horribly ineffective but reasonably good at producing slick-looking reports, and showing metrics that don't matter.

Ed (or anyone else would would like a quick spot check) - I'll need read-only access to your adwords account.  From the top right "gear icon" go to account settings, then from top left "account access".  Then add [email protected] as a read-only user.

I can tell you what the problems are, and how one would go about fixing them.  Then when you talk to a company you are considering paying, if they can't illustrate the same problems and talk about a similar approach to fix, you'll know they aren't the right firm for the job.

re's

John

John D., Palm Vacation Rentals | [email protected] | 4155195039

If you are serious about Google Adwords, I suggest that you check out Perry Marshall's books and website. 

It's easy to waste lots of money on advertising and Adwords campaigns are no different. What Perry has done is to drill down to the essentials of how to test to find the sweet spot and how to eliminate the waste by testing in order to "fail quickly". His book, 80/20 Sales and Marketing is inexpensive but an outstanding value. 

If you haven't already done this, I suggest that you sketch out all of your sales funnels and look at who you are targeting. This should be your ideal target customer with the perfect situation(s) that are most profitable to you. Then, tweak your marketing to attract who you want but repel who you don't want, so that you eliminate the time wasters. Your sales funnels may need to be modified to reflect how you wish to throw out the unmotivated. 

I'm a seasoned marketer and have been fascinated at how challenging it is to automate these funnels however I'm very pleased at the results.

Thank you John D! i have sent the request. 

I'm not suggesting a PPC management company - although that could be a fine solution.

What I suggested is that there are companies that run their own PPC ads and sell the incoming leads to investors.  So, you know EXACTLY what your cost per lead is going to be, rather than just rolling the dice on your own AdWords account.  In many cases, these guys can generate quality leads at a lower cost than you could do it yourself.

Examples of pay-per-lead programs are:
1) FastHomeOffer.com
2) House Buyer Network

Medium wbh square logoDev Horn, We Buy Houses® | [email protected] | 877‑932‑8946 | http://webuyhouses.com/profile/arlington

Hello Rick! 

Thank you for the great advice, i will check Perry Marshalls book out. I am very interested in getting this campaign going, but not knowing how it works makes it difficult to see what im doing wrong. Or what im not doing. These are gems, this BP site has been so helpful in answering a lot of my questions, i have no doubt i will figure it out. 

You specialize in probate sales? Very interesting 

Thanks Dev,

I will look into these options. Very much appreciate the assistance everyone.

Ed - I don't specialize in probate sales, I do probate deals. I'm an investor. 

There are more ways to make a profit from probate deals and, like the sausage company next door to to the slaughterhouse, I've learned to use everything but the squeal.

I've worked with a number of online consultants, including PPC and SEO people and I've never been able to get them to match the profitability or ROI of my referral-based offline systems. I've spent some serious (tens of thousands of $) and think most of the consultants out there are selling mouse milk. While I have a strong online presence (since 1996!), I find my ability to craft deals is what makes the profits, not the online lead gen.

Of course, you won't make no dough if you ain't got not flow.

I Hope that you become outrageously successful and then will share what you learn.

Ad words really is not that complicated.  The key is to be very focused...use specific key words for both the search term and your location.  

I break my campaign into two major parts...

1st...the keyword has my location in it and place no limits on what locations will see the ads.

Example (pretend I live in a city called "city":

city real estate deals

city real estate investments

city real estate buyer

best city real estate investment

(and 50+ other similar phases that I can think of that highly targeted.)

2nd...I loose the location in my keywords but I limit where the ad is displayed to my geographical area.  You can actually set it up so your ad will only show up on computers/devises in your county, or any other geographical area.  You can also specifically exclude.  In this cast my keywords would be:

real estate deals

real estate investments

real estate buyers

Best real estate investment

Google has a help desk that will help and they will suggest keywords, but their goal is to get you tons of clicks.  You need to learn how to get tons of highly TARGETED clicks.  But they will still help get you started if you have any questions.  Overall I find it pretty intuitive.  

You can get $75 free when you sign up.  Start as targeted as you can, and keep adding to it.  Its really not that hard and with a tiny bit of effort you will be dialed before you burn through the $75.00 (if you work on being highly targeted).  

Don't forget Bing...I actually pay less per click with bing.  Its smaller than google but I still get a decent amount of traffic.

Gene,

Very good advise, i will make the changes and monitor the effectiveness. I have talked to google before with this campaign but with little success. But i am learning more and more about it, i feel confident that i will find the sweet spot. I will keep you posted on the results.

I've used PPC campaigns in my other business with good success. A company contacted me offering to fine tune my campaign, promising better results etc. I went ahead and gave it a try. My costs nearly doubled and my calls only increased a slight amount. I took back over my account myself and got it back under control. I'm sure there are many companies who are good at it, but I'm sure there are many more who are not. Proceed with caution.

Originally posted by @Dev Horn :

Many people find that it's not easy to fine tune an AdWords campaign.  A lot of testing goes into finding the keyword phrases and types (exact or broad match, etc.).  Many people fail to properly set the geo targeting and other aspects to fine tune the campaign.

You can refine it via trial and error and turn into a very productive machine.  Just takes some time + testing & refinement.  You should take up the offer that @John D.  put out there - a person that's been doing PPC/AdWords for a while can really speed things up by quickly diagnosing the issues with your current campaign.

The other option is to purchase leads from people that do this for a living.  It's hard to beat their cost per lead because they have extremely efficient & effective campaigns, keyword sets, etc.

Do you have any recommendations on how i would find out the best person/site/place where i could buy the leads from their adwords campaign for my local area? 

Hi @Jeff Fairchild , if you're looking to buy leads, remember that real estate will always be a local thing - if you're looking to buy across the nation and have the systems in place to support that, that's one thing; but if, as you said, you're looking for leads in your specific farm area(s), buying leads may be a challenge as a pure function of volume. Portland may certainly be large enough that there's sufficient search volume to support a lead aggregator (as a business model), but if you're buying somewhere that's not "serviced", you may have to do it yourself.

If you do find a re-seller for leads, one thing you may want to make a point of asking is how many times the leads are sold. For example, one of my clients in the Moving industry sells his leads three times each before they're archived. It gives him a better return on his efforts (obviously) without increasing competition too much (at least for that industry). If your prospective vendor re-sells a lead too many times, it's value to you decreases with the increased competition... so ask the right questions.

Good luck!

For those who have had bad experiences with PPC agencies, I do a lot of interviews for PPC practitioners, who are miserable at their huge PPC agencies, managing 60 accounts (yes SIXTY) accounts per month. Do the math on how many hours a 40 hour/week employee can spend on each account INCLUDING the monthly reporting call, plus continuing education. What ends up happening is that you get attention the first month, and then nothing until you complain. You essentially pay someone to do less than you would have done yourself. Your client rep is then put on the phone to convince you that no improvement is an improvement, or that it "takes time".

However, if you chose your Adwords agency based on price, you get what you pay for.

I just received a phone call from 180fusion, anyone have any updated info on this company. I would rather let a professional handle my website marketing. thanks 

PPC; price per click:  Adwords is sensitive to the content of the page.  Adding word FOO when there is no FOO on the page actually demotes you advert.

Adwords should

• contain all nouns in the URL
  • all nouns in the title
  • all nouns on the home page
  • all significant phrases within the homepage

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you