Marketing Columbus Ohio

9 Replies

What are effective marketing methods you've found to work in Ohio or in the Columbus, Ohio area. Not sure if signs and h stakes are legal to put around town?

@Nick Foy  I love bandit signs, although temporary.

Try some direct mail as well.

What areas are you trying to market to? Are you looking to wholesale?

@Steve Baldwin I may wholesale but also looking to own and rent using seller financing or private investors

Nick, go to Google and look up "Google Keyword Planner"

Type in "your city + real estate" and see what comes back

From here you will see how many people looking to buy and sell real estate in your local market. Next setup a website and create content around those words. Plus do a little "SEO" to get that content moving up the ranking.

Before you know it you could be sitting at the house getting unlimited leads daly. But you do have to put in the work to make this happen. This by far better than any other form of free marketing. 

Hope this helped Nick

Plus..what type of investing are you looking to do?

Direct mail - yellow letters, bandit signs, and a lead generation website should keep you fairly busy with leads.  All of these offer great opportunities but you'll need to stick with it for at least 6 months.

All of those are effective but a lot of this depends on your budget and goals.  As for direct mail, you should be able to do a large enough volume and be consistent for 6 months or longer for it to supply the return on investment you are looking for. If you can't commit to this I would choose a less expensive channel or partner with current wholesalers or realtors (like @Steve Baldwin  or myself) to help you find what you are looking for.

Good luck and message me if you need some help!

@Nick Foy  We have a great investment network group that meets quarterly. The next one is Sept 8th and it features @Ben Leybovich  

I think you could gain a lot by attending. Its free!

PM me for details.

Hey @Steve Baldwin  - have you considered that by using my name you'll actually drive people away...hahaha  My wife Patrisha says mine is a "prickly" personality.  And my girlfriend@Brandon Turner  agrees lol

Thanks for all the responses guys. I should be able to attend the meeting on the 8th as of now. What volume of direct mail do you guys typically send out and about how much does it cost you. Trying to decide a budget for direct mail

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.