Another Term For Zip Letters

6 Replies

I'm wanting to do some research on zip letters, but I can't seem to find any information when I search for "zip letters" except for from sites who sell them as marketing pieces. I'd like to read some info on them from somewhere other than companies who sell them. Is there another term to describe them?

Not that I'm aware of.  I created it.  

Why don't you invest some time and your own money into research by purchasing and reading some good books in the topic of direct mail marketing? 

I probably spend well over $1,000 per month continuing to improve my education. You could certain justify $10 for a paperback book. 

You may also find what you're looking for in books on copywriting and direct response.

Now, if all you're looking for is free stuff, you can search on this very site and read what the folks with good intentions would do (if they ever get around to it). 

@Rick H. It was your postings and your website that turned me on to the idea actually. I've seen those things in the mail for as long as I can remember. Surely, they have some other type of name. I see all types of non-REI business use them. Do you mean that you invented that name or invented that type of letter? Surely not the latter :)

@Michael Q. Hey by the way great stuff on the 2 podcasts you did here on BP. I listened to both of them twice. 

Most other places call them "snap pack mailers". I've received a few samples of them but most are printed on 24lb paper and are flimsy. I think YellowLetters uses 28lb (I'm not 100% certain) but I do know that theirs feel and look much higher quality and are about the same price as others I've seen. I've only sampled from from 3 or 4 places. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.