Using Yellow Letters

1 Reply

Hey BP!

We are getting our yellow letters marketing in order now, but we have a few questions regarding the process on the best way to market to our prospects.

When doing a mailing sequence to our potential sellers, how many total mailers is best to send out to each prospect and how often to mail out the letters, postcards, etc.? I've read that 7 is a good number, but wanted to know what you all would recommend.

Does anyone have a good script that we can reference to when we receive calls? Yellowletters.com has a good one to follow, but wanted to know if anyone has any other ideas.

They only thing we are confused on the order of sequence is after the seller qualifies from our script criteria, what is the best order to get a contract done?

example: 1) inspect the house

2) call back the owner and make a cash offer

3) When is the best time to do a due diligence research on the home?

Thanks! We are looking forward to hearing everyone's advice!

Rachel Syphers

Hello there.... this is something that I been working on for my self, i been working really hard on the order of the questions, it is not done yet but you can use it and make it better. All ideas are very welcome from everyone buy the way.

Please let me know if it is helpful.

OVER THE PHONE

How did you happen to hear about us?

Is the house currently listed with a Real Estate Agent?

Could you tell me a little bit about your property?

Do you own any liens on this property?

What is the neighborhood like?

Any adverse changes to the area recently?

What kind of condition is the property right now?

Sounds like a good property… Why do you want to sell it?

How fast do you need to sell it?

What have you done to try to sell it?

How long have you been trying to sell it?

Why do you think it hasn't sold?

Which is more important for you, a fast sale or getting top dollar?

When will be the best time to meet?

What is the address of the house?

BEFORE GOING TO THE PROPERTY

Google Everything: You will want to find out as much as possible about the property. Google the property name. Check to see if there are any comments or reviews of the property. Google the property address, street and area. Look for any problems or concerns, these may become value plays for you.

Local Police: Check the local police and sheriff websites. Search their online database for crimes in the area. Look for the community policing contacts. Call and speak with them. Tell them you are looking at a property in their jurisdiction. Do they know the property, is it causing problems for them. What do they feel about the area? Is it an area they would want their daughter around at night? Is there a local Crime Prevention group for the neighborhood? Who would be a contact person?

Local Fire: Check the website of the local fire department. Often you have the ability to check for previous fires, chemical issues and ambulance transports. Are many of the calls in the area drug related medical events? Call the local fire station, not the emergency number, when its quiet. Have a conversation with the desk firefighter. Do they know the property? Any trouble with flooding in the area? Do they have problems with the building’s fire alarm? Any underground storage tanks on the property?

Chamber of Commerce: Call the President of the Chamber. Tell them you are expanding your real estate holding into their area. What can they tell you about the current business climate? You can say you are looking at a certain property right now. Do they know anything about the area, etc? Ask for referrals, who do they like and know in the local banks, best Real Estate Attorney, Property Inspector, Property Management firms. Remember you will be getting good referral names as well as their strong name drop.

Economic Development Office: Access the state, county and city/town Economic Development office websites. Draw up any reports on the site which talk about job growth, local support for improvements. These reports are helpful for noting trends and statistics that you can use for your business plan and property package. Call the local office, ask about area development, the specific area your interested in. Are there any local funding sources to access for improvements?

AT THE PROPERTY

What made you buy this home in the first place?

How old is the house?

What is the age of the roof?

What improvements have you made to the property since you bought it?

What is different in this home from other homes in the area?
What do you think the house will be worth in today's market?

When do you need to sell?

Did the Realtor give you any clear explanation of why they believe the house is not selling?

What percent you had on mind for a Real Estate Agent commission?

How much are you willing to take for fast cash and no worries about fixing, cleaning or doing nothing before the sale?

I don’t know if I can offer this much without checking my stuff, but would you take $$$ for a quick closing, cash payment and again no worries about nothing at all

Is it anybody living here now?

How long has the tenant been here?

How much is the rent?Best of luck!!!!!!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.