What should i have my VA do

4 Replies

I've been using Va's for a while now but I am curious on how other investors are using their VA's. What do you have them do exactly? How often? and How do you Train them?

A lot of investors who are marketing use their VA to screen the callers. When they screen them they ask identifying information, and then a few basic questions to try and establish motivation from the seller, and find out the equity in the property.

I'm hesitant on hiring a VA to do this, because the money is made on the phone. It's a little nerve racking for me to give up control of those phone calls because if your VA doesn't do a good job you could potentially lose a deal from that lead that you spent money on.

However, if I want to grow my business I'm learning that I need to be able to give up control so that I can scale. 

This BP blog post should help: 5 marketing Tasks To Outsource to VAs

Just my two cents.....I would recommend that you write down the necessary tasks in your business that 1) you like the least, 2) make you the least amount of money for your time, 3) do not negatively impact your competitive advantage if outsourced, 4) are easily transferrable and teachable to others, and 5) would free up your time to work on more profitable tasks. This should help guide you to potential tasks to outsource (I am sure there are other things to consider as well).

I have only used a VA for minor admin tasks so I am no expert. What I learned is that you if you put together written step by step instructions, things go a lot smoother. Those instructions can be a part of your training manuals you develop to train your VA(s).

I am using a va to do my craigslist ads. When you look for a VA try to find one that has RE experience and you will go thru a few of them bc I have had several and you will learn that some are better than others and some cost alot more than others, example I was getting flagged alot on CL and some VA's said they knew how to get around it but they really didn't and others wrote a horrible ad.

@Daren H.  has it right.  In order to grow any business, you need to separate what parts of your business make the business run and what parts of your business are going to make you more money.  

Structure/document the steps by which you accomplish the former and outsource them.  

That will free up time and energy to focus on the latter.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.