BP Podcast 81 w/ Michael Quarles Followup: What did Michael mean when he said purchase two numbers to capture bandit sign leads?

4 Replies

@Michael Quarles - Podcast 81 gave me some great information for presentation and possible content for my yellow letters. What was particularly brillant, though, was the information on how to capitalize on other peoples' use of bandit signs. Michael mentioned buying two numbers and getting a white page ad, but I was unclear on the directons as to how that can be linked to existing bandit signs that you did not post.  Any clarification would be super appreciated.

Don't tell anyone, it's our secret, however add I Buy Houses and We Buy Houses in your local directories with your telephone number. This way when people drive by the signs and don't write down the number they will find your number when they call 411, look in  the telephone book or look up the number on online directories.

I wrote a short blog about this http://buysellfixflip.com/telephone-books/

@Michael Quarles   - thank you so much for the clarification!  That was the most interesting part of the podcast and I panicked when I didn't understand it. Will look into this ASAP.

P.S. Fave quote "I'm not a passive income earner, I'm a massive income earner!" One for the books!

@Dee Cee  

It means you want a way to track your advertising so at a later date you can analyze how effective each form of advertising is.

Example: you pay $2k each for internet, yellow letters, and billboard signs.  Have a unique phone # for each of the three that way after a period of time you can see if one worked better than another.   If it's all the same phone number, it makes it quiet difficult to see where the caller found you.   

Helps you spend smarter

Drew NA - thanks for the breakdown. Makes total sense.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you