Direct Mail Tracking

10 Replies

Does anyone have a direct mail software that they use?  I haven't looked into anything like this and don't know what to expect it terms of cost, I just know that the spreadsheet I've been using (which is not too sophisticated, but not basic either) is not one that can be used if I wanted to ramp up the quantity and frequency of my mailings and manage/keep track of incoming calls.  Just wondering if there's anything out there that is investor friendly that can keep track of 5 different mailing campaigns at a time, as well as phone calls, seller notes, etc.  Any feedback is much appreciated.  Thanks!

Hey Beverly, 

I'm assuming you are just using excel as of right now? I don't have any personal experience but it sounds like you're looking for a CRM program...maybe by Salesforce or Zoho. It's something I would call and talk with them directly to 1. Make sure it's something that can actually be useful for you and 2. Possibly negotiate a better monthly price. Best of luck! 

The easiest way to track inbound calls is via multiple telephone numbers and a company like ringcentral can accommodate that. You can download reports based upon either a telephone number or an extension. 

As for scheduling the mailing of a list Outlook's appointment reminder system is awesome for that. 

If you are wanting to build your own program Caspio.com is an online data program which allows you to create queries based upon unique data identifiers. And those data identifier tables can overlap into views which allow for the ability to commingle data to achieve great reports.

Its intense however once you work thru the construction you'll have a product that is invaluable. And being web based it allows for insertion onto web pages for form submission and report generation. 

Here is a really simple application, its at the bottom of the page http://1800sell4cash.com/registration/

There is another at http://1800sell4cash.com/seller-questionnaire/

Hi Beverly!

I've been using the Burner app on my phone to track my mailings. I use a different number for each marketing campaign.  The numbers are local and it's relatively inexpensive. Are you handling the calls yourself or are you outsourcing them?

Possibly InfusionSoft, but it's expensive.

If you want to track phone calls, you could always use Google Voice.  You can get free phone numbers and can have the calls forwarded to any number, or just go to a voicemail box that you create.  Works great for me.

Hi there,

Thanks everyone for your replies and recommendations- helps me get an idea of where to start and figure out exactly how I want my CRM system set up.

I do use Google Voice and I've been using a spreadsheet to track outgoing campaigns, which is the same spreadsheet I use to keep track of any leads.  I started looking into Zoho a while back so I will definitely look into that again. I haven't looked into Caspio, so thanks for that recommendation.  As mentioned, the spreadsheet has worked fine- but it's starting to get challenging navigating through all the data with the different tabs, filters, etc.  

Thanks everyone-
Bev

Beverly,

I have been looking at a CRM system as well. A lot of BP folks use zoho.com to manage their CRM. It's "free" for the first three users, but whenever you get something free, remember there's always a catch. Still, it might be something to think about.

There are also some open source CRM tools available. If you're not familiar with the term, it basically means developers from around the world help build the product and it's usually free for you to use. Again, free might mean less features, more bugs, etc.

But if you are just getting started, it might be worth a look!

Beverly,  while you're doing your due diligence on CRM tools I recommend you take a look at a sales pipeline CRM called Pipeliner.   Their tagline is "a picture is worth a thousand spreadsheets."  It's built on the Japanese Kanban board model and is very different in look and feel from any other CRM, and is much more visual.  Pipeliner gives a free trial period if you want to test it out, and you can get up and running very quickly.

I liked Pipeliner a lot but didn't want to pay for it, so I found a free Kanban app called Trello where I have built my own lead tracking board.  You can check out Trello too.  Good luck!

Has anyone experimented with Smartsheet for tracking mail campaigns? Just wanted to see if anyone has really dug into it and used all of its features. 

I've been using Zoho for the last 3 years and it's working really well. I track all my prospects, marketing campaigns and investment properties through the system. I also have it so it will calculate my MAO based on certain inputs, etc. It does take time to set up but once you configure it to how you want, it will be a great tool for your business.

@Ryan Gibson I use a Podio to track all my wholesaling business. There are several free REI workspaces that can be downloaded to use. The wholesaling workspace has a DM app, that can track your marketing - it includes cost, can be tied to a seller lead. It's great.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you