Out of State Properties, But No Active BP Members There?

6 Replies

It is a real drag to see a great out of state deal that I would like to hand off to a fellow BP investor in some poughdunk town (sorry @Brandon Turner) in some rural state with a population of <2,000...go to waste.

I use my Pro account to search the zip code of the property's location and boom! I see tons of investors in the area! I see that the last time they were active on BP was over 16 months ago...so....

I give them a ring...nothing. I send them an email...nothing...

Besides, if they do answer the phone, i'm now skeptical of their investing ability. It's sad to say, but I would trust an investor who is active on BP, regardless of his track record in the city.

It would be nice if @Joshua Dorkin added a filter to the search for active members only...at least it narrows it down to REI/BP enthusiasts.

Any thoughts?

Medium live cash deals logo 4x 100Andrew LeBaron, Live Cash Deals | [email protected] | 4809809022 | http://trustedcashoffer.com

@Erick I use a program called list source. It's basically CoreLogic, a third party manager of all county tax information.you can set specific parameters on what type of property you are looking for, I highly advise you to go to listsource.com. 

Medium live cash deals logo 4x 100Andrew LeBaron, Live Cash Deals | [email protected] | 4809809022 | http://trustedcashoffer.com

@Andrew LeBaron  

your going for the wrong audience... the locals in the mid west don't need someone in AZ finding their inventory for them.. there is a plethora of inventory.

I think Market place may be good for  promoters looking to find equity partners.

But remember out of 200,000 members of BP many are just starting out and or have no capacity... So don't be surprised by this.

Medium ksqoekox 400x400Jay Hinrichs, TurnKey-Reviews.com | Podcast Guest on Show #222

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you