Starting a Yellow Letter Campaign Advice Appreciated

8 Replies

Starting a yellow letter campaign.  Any Input Advice Appreciated.

I bought a list of homeowners off listsource with the following parameters.  I think Sean Terry said these parameters.

City near me.
Total Assessed Value 0 to $100,000 - first 100 aimed at the $50,000 to $100,000
Property TypeResidential: SFR
Length of Residence10+ Years
(Household) Age65+ Years
ADDRESS-COMPLETENESS Mailing and Property address Complete
CORPORATE-OWNED Exclude

I got 327 from the above criteria for $57.  I plan to mail to 100 at first.  49 cents a stamp.  Total damage about $107.  $107 isn't that much money.  But, I can think of more fun things to do with $107 than write a bunch of letters and field some calls.

I plan to write everything in red pen and I almost failed penmanship growing up - so my writing ain't too good which might work better or worse.

Envelope:
My Home Return address - I have some return address stickers laying around I plan to use.
Writing their address in red pen.
What color envelope?  Invitation A6?
What stamp should I use?  Spiderman to American flag?

Letter:
I plan on using lined legal paper. 11X14 handwritten in red ink again.  What is the best size paper?

Says:

Dear X,

I would like to $buy$ your house at 123 main street.

Please call me,

Kirk
Google phone number that includes my local area code.  

What kind of voice mail should I have?

I have a preapproval for a VA loan. VA inspections are more geared toward the mechanicals than the bad wallpaper. I targeted a part of town I would like to live in.

Only planning to send 100 letters at least initially.  I am hoping to find someone over 65 that is ready to move down to Florida.

Also, if I don't get a deal out the 100.  What should I do next?  Send out post cards to the same 100 or..??

Thanks in advance for any input,

Kirk

That letter will get you the highest response rate (as long as you include your phone number). I would go with a cream/beige invitation envelope, stamp choice isn't too important however. Only thing I would not recommend is using your home address as the return. Some people are weird and will show up at your house. Office address work great or even a PO Box would be better than your home. Good Luck!

Medium banner ad google  300   250ajpgCody Alexander, YellowLetters.com | [email protected] | 661‑441‑3777 | http://www.YellowLetters.com

LOL good point on the people showing up.  Or I could write it so Illegibly.Don't have an office address or PO Box - maybe go with no return address?  

No return address seems shady IMO. It's real homemade and and warm to see a return address. Plus, If you REALLY want to buy someone's house, you would leave anything for them to get in contact with you, not just your phone number.

Medium live cash deals logo 4x 100Andrew LeBaron, Live Cash Deals | [email protected] | 4809809022 | http://trustedcashoffer.com

@Andrew LeBaron  

The last thing you want is a crazy showing up at your front door with your wife and children home. Most people would not go this far, however there are definitely people out there that will/have done this. I agree that putting a return address on the mailing is the best option, as long as it is not your home address.

Medium banner ad google  300   250ajpgCody Alexander, YellowLetters.com | [email protected] | 661‑441‑3777 | http://www.YellowLetters.com

PO Box is $10/mo.

Wk 1: 110 Yellow Letters (1st 3rd of your list)

Wk 2: 110 Yellow Letters (2nd 3rd of your list)

Wk 3: 107 Yellow Letters (3rd 3rd of your list)

Wk 4: Panic that you still haven't received a call

Wk: 5: 110 Yellow Letter with a 2nd Call To Action

Wk: 6: 110 Yellow Letters with a slight twist to Wk 5's message

Wk 7: 107 Yellow Letters with a slight twist to Wk 6's message

Wk 8: Panic that you still haven't received a call.

Wash and repeat until the phone rings.

Also you mention something about a VA loan, are you intending to occupy the property? Or are you trying to wholesale?

Medium logo640x400Troy Fisher, Lanika Home Inspections | [email protected] | http://www.lanikahis.com

always use a return address. Why? Because you want to skip trace those returned letters. Nobody skip traces those letters and the closing ratio is huge on them.

get a po box. Most let you use the street address. I'll find the link for you shortly.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you