What is the typical costs if I was to hire an SEO expert to work on my website? What's the $/hour rate and how much per month should I spend if I want to do it correctly?
It depends on what kind of exposure you want. You can technically do SEO yourself, just by creating some high quality inbound links from authority sites and having high quality articles / content both on your site and off your site.
That is why you can find people to do "SEO" on fiverr all the way up to someone on elance.com who charges $50/hour. It can also cost more money if the individual needs to outsource article writing, submission campaigns, videos etc.
To get a good price, I'd say see what someone with a good portfolio charges on elance or ask the moz community.
Regardless of who you choose, I would keep these things in mind:
1. Track everything. If they won't offer weekly or monthly reports on traffic, keyword rankings, analytical call tracking, CTR etc. then reconsider them. Otherwise you won't know what channels are performing.
2. Results aren't immediate, it can take months to rank a site.
3. Google's pigeon algorithm looks for more quality content and is more focused on local so building out a site is more now than just giving it a massive number of backlinks.
4. People sell to people. Youtube, facebook and twitter can rank a site really well with good content. I often see my facebook pages and youtube videos outrank my site for a long time.
It's hard to put an exact price on it. It's like anything else in life, you can spend as much or as little as you want, just make sure the effort you're paying for is doing a lot for your site.
I hope I could point you in the right direction.
@Branden Chhuor You also have to be careful what techniques they use. They could do you more harm than good, if they are using outdated methods that Google has caught on to.
she definitely has a preference for a traditional home vs contemporary. It would be a challenge I'd think but maybe your best bet would be to show those photos to an architect to see what's possible
@Branden Chhuor is correct, so make sure you hire someone knowledgeable. Stick with the White Hat Techniques. With that said, the price depends on the service and person. I have dealt with individuals in my area who 1) Can show a resume's worth of work 2) Are honest. You do not need to pay someone a monthly fee for SEO... as Google parameters don't change every 30 days. Someone with good knowledge on SEO will set up the right key words, articles, and info on your site for a fee and will suggest revisiting in 3-4 months. Most often when you pay for a monthly fee... they are dragging what they could do all together into bits and pieces every month. I would NOT recommend doing SEO yourself... unless you have gained a considerable amount of knowledge before hand.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing