Facebook

2 Replies

Hi everyone. These are my thoughts and I'd appreciate any feedback. I want to wholesale 2-4 unit properties to the retail buyer. I want to use Facebook (FB) to generate buyer leads. I feel the need to educate retail buyers on the benefits of possibly owning 2-4 units opposed to a SFR. I want to use FB to send information on being a landlord, tenant screening, rent control, Section 8, etc. I am primarily marketing to 2-4 unit properties.

Is anyone using FB to generate retail buyers? If so, how's it working? Do you think my model would fit what FB offers?

@April A.  Facebook uses an algorithm to sort what content gets shared to your friends newsfeeds, favoring popular and/or paid content. So unless you pay to have your educational material presented to your followers (yes your OWN followers!) they won't see it, or at least won't see all of it.

You would be much better off building your own mailing list. Then you have complete control over what content gets sent to your subscribers. 

Most internet marketers use FB ads to drive traffic to a landing page where they capture emails. That helps save you a lot of time populating a FB account with loads of content that no one will ever see.

Yes, even if you create a fan page and get 100 people to like your page, when you post on your own fan page , not everyone will see your post.......unless you pay.  As Doug said, you have to create a funnel to push your leads to sign into your email list, which they need to opt in. A lot of work in the beginning but once its all set up (your funnel), well worth it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here