Yellow Letters - Getting Started

6 Replies

I'm tire of the MLS. The deals are mediocre at best. I'm ready to start some direct marketing. We just got lucky and closed on two properties that were off-market and I am motivated to find more of those deals. I know there are a few people on BP that have "Yellow Letter" companies. I'd like to call someone and get some help with a marketing plan/strategy and then hire a company to do this for me. I have some funds available to market and I have some funds available to buy another property (or properties)... Who should I call to get me started?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

YellowLetters.com is a legit source for what you need - and @Michael Quarles  is an expert in this business so he can keep you from making newbie mistakes with your marketing dollars.  @Jerry Puckett also offers a turn-key direct mail marketing program that incorporates his vast knowledge in REI marketing. I'm sure there are others here that are great choices as well, but you won't go wrong with either of those guys.

I'd like to thank everyone for the forum replies and PMs. I'm looking forward to learning more about direct mail marketing and you have given me some great ideas. This should be an interesting endeavor. I will send out updates with my progress. Please continue with any advice or feedback that you have.

@Cody Alexander

@Michael Quarles

I have a similiar question about yellow letters.  I have my list/spreadsheet of people who I want to send yellow letters too and about to start my marketing campaign.  When picking a template you can upload your list. Is it as easy as uploading the list and Yellow Letters fills out the names of people, addresses, and other info that can change from person to person and sends them or is there more involved?

@Gary McKissick  

Once you select your template and your options you would click the "customize Order" button to modify your template. Anywhere you would like the variable data to appear you would simply put the name of the column header in brackets.

For example, "Dear [First Name], I would like to buy your property at [Property Address]."

And we would take care of all the mail merge on our end. If you have any trouble or questions along the way we do have a live chat feature on our website or you can give our sales office a call at 661-864-7860.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.