Leveraging Title Companies...

5 Replies

Does anyone have any successful strategies for using their title company as a source of leads for property leads or other ways to partner with them to gain business? 

Thanks in advance,

Jake

no,  and I am not sure if it makes any sense, or is needed. Leads are everywhere, just look for them.

Sure, close 50 deals a month with them, marry the owner or an insider......really.

Put yourself in their shoes, why would you do something unethical with some small time investor and let that be discovered ticking off other clients?

Working with them enough they may have conversations, tid bits, drop a name on the side, but no, they don't work deals and partner. Are you aware they are regulated, work under ethical constraints, are licensed and get examined? Glad you brought it up here first, approaching them could be putting you in a bad light with them. :) 

Some people use their title companies to get absentee owner lists for their mail campaigns.

I am aware that leads are everywhere. I use list services for my mortgage and existing business, however, in the effort to work smarter, title companies are willing to pull leads for you and a great resource if used correctly. To clarify the question: 

Has anyone found success in utilizing a title company for leads and if so how have you leveraged them to build your business?

Thanks

I am not purposing doing anything illegal or unethical...I have worked with title companies in my mortgage career for leads and it has worked fine, and does not overstep any ethical or legal boundaries. Getting an absentee owner list or something along those lines which Chris mentioned is a strategy more on line...something that I may not have thought of or explored...not $100 handshakes and comped trips to a gentleman's club for lunch. Cynical bunch this morning.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.