Let's say you've written an ebook and want to be a best seller on Amazon....

5 Replies

Here is marketing a marketing idea to do that...

Here's a strategy to create an Amazon best seller and increase your chances of selling a ton of books.

No matter what you're selling on amazon the number one factor that helps you get to the top of your category is sales velocity (sales per x amount of time).

Of course reviews are important but they won't make you a bestseller.

If you have built a following here's how you achieve high sales velocity when selling a book:

Offer a 'buy the kindle version and get a physical copy for free' promotion. It costs you the price of the physical copy but hey, this is marketing.

Or

Offer a reduced price or free kindle version. (Last I checked, Amazon allows you to offer free kindle copies a few times a year so you have to time this one right).

You can choose the lower level category your book sells in...so choose a non competitive category where you only have to sell say 50 or 100 books (or less) to rank #1 in that category...then you have a "best seller" on your hands.

@Brandon Turner WDYT?

Or, just buy 1,000 of your own books the first week. :-)

UR too funny @Wayne Brooks  

U could always write a book on how to be a great RE agent.

Not a bad idea at all @Brian Gibbons  . We probably should have pushed a lot harder on the Amazon front, rather than driving the vast majority of book sales to our BP site. Amazon just takes too large of a cut (70%) so for money reasons (we are investors!) we chose to push the sales here. However, I really look forward to the day I can say I'm a "bestseller" with that book :) So maybe I'll use your ideas for a short time to increase the Amazon rankings! 

Oh, so that's why there's only 30% worth of good information in self-published books on Amazon ! Never thought of it that way....

If you guys get it figured out, let me know. :)

Originally posted by @Brandon Turner :

Not a bad idea at all @Brian Gibbons . We probably should have pushed a lot harder on the Amazon front, rather than driving the vast majority of book sales to our BP site. Amazon just takes too large of a cut (70%) so for money reasons (we are investors!) we chose to push the sales here. However, I really look forward to the day I can say I'm a "bestseller" with that book :) So maybe I'll use your ideas for a short time to increase the Amazon rankings! 

Well sell a $3.95 ebook that gives a coupon for saving shipping and 10% of the your book on BP!

The link is in the cheap ebook.

You will be a best seller on Amazon AND not have to give 70% away. Like a teaser ebook.

Also look at Udemy

Udemy is the world's largest destination for online courses. Discover an online course on Udemy.com and start learning a new skill today.

My humble course is

https://www.udemy.com/u/reiskillsbriangibbons/

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here