Typed Letter for DFD

8 Replies

what do you guys thinks?

I had a more simple handwritten yellow letter that I was sending out before but I just couldn't get any good volume out

my info on the bottom is next to my pic on my letters and not beneath it like below, I couldn't edit properly when I pasted

thank you in advance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/7/2014

RE: 17020 Hartland St Van Nuys, CA 91406

Dear Clydelyn,

If you are interested in selling your property for any reason whatsoever, I would like the opportunity to make you a very fair CASH offer. You would not have to pay ANY closing fees which include commissions cost, title insurance and escrow fees. These costs add up to around 7% of the sale price which you will be saving.

You can also sell your house to me totally AS-IS and you would not need to make ANY repairs or pay for ANY repairs. My goal is to make the best offer possible, saving you the cost and time of listing the property. I will provide you the most recent comparable sales within your area so we can agree on a mutual price together and so that you would also have total transparency on the value of your house.

If you are upside-down in your mortgage (in other words, if you owe more than your house is worth) or if there are other problems preventing you from selling, I can definitely help as well. I am a licensed CA real estate agent as well as an experienced AS-IS buyer, buying houses in Los Angeles County since 1999.

I like to let you know that there are government programs that may allow you to get up to $750 - $3,000 OR MORE when you sell your house on a Short Sale. More importantly you will have control as to when you would have to leave by and salvage your credit for the future.

If you are considering selling, please feel free to call me at 818-201-4043 or send an email to [email protected]. My services are absolutely free to you.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Kian Golchin

TMG Investments LLC

17412 Ventura Blvd Suite 267

Encino, CA 91316

mobile (818) 201-4043

kiangolchin@yahoo.com

First, are you a cash buyer or are you a wholesaler?

I think investors get way too caught up in the "cash offer" thinking, I know they do, if a seller's problem is being solved, if they have confidence in the offer, you walking in with certified funds from your money market is irrelevant to them. No one pays cash!

Everyone who owns a home went to a closing, they know cash isn't accepted, so saying I'll pay cash is nothing but blowing smoke trying to impress someone, when most people see boasting, fluff, puffing, or phrases intended to impress them, it's a turn off.

Saying "we purchase homes" or "I buy houses" says it, obviously if you really buy houses you imply you close and that you are able to buy.

Now, do you know they are upside down?

Because, if I'm not and you're telling be I might qualify for some government program, I might be insulted, looks like you're preying on people who can't pay their bills.

Saying you'll buy in its "as is" condition is fine, every house something that needs attention, none are perfect in any price range, that tells me I don't have to fix things. I've told people, "you don't even need to sweep the floor, I'll buy it just like it sits!"

I also think it's too long, but, what I was taught in marketing was that a letter had to grab you and make just a couple points, then if they are interested enclosures add more details.

Now, yellow letters or mail campaigns are not my bag! Never used them, it works because people would do it if it didn't. But I really hate junk mail and if you know my house is (or might be) for sale, then call me. There is a "City Directory" for all good size cities with cross reference telephone numbers to the address, now, I've not used these in several years, I know many don't have landlines at home and rely on a cell phone, if you can't call, send a note.

So, this IMO, but I wouldn't mention short sales unless I knew they were in distress.

BTW, make sure you never use the "F" word in a letter soliciting a seller, the "F" word is FORECLOSURE!  :)

that was awesome Bill, thank you:)

i'm going to edit it and actually create two letters and incorporate your ideas as well

what do you think Bill?

should I create a separate letter for short sales  or send this one to all people on my DFD list?

also,do you think I should take out my pic and also if I should not capitalize any of the words?

lastly, i'm kind of torn, even though handwritten yellow letters is a lot of work, I was getting a much better response, should I go back to it you think or give the typed letter below some time? I only have sent around 150 and received one call, I average around a 3% response rate from handwritten yellow letters

thank you sir

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/7/2014

RE: 17020 Hartland St Van Nuys, CA 91406

Dear Clydelyn,

If you are interested in selling your property for any reason whatsoever, I would like the opportunity to make you a very fair offer. You would not have to pay ANY closing fees which include commissions cost, title insurance and escrow fees.

You can also sell your house to me totally AS-IS and you would not need to make ANY repairs or pay for ANY repairs. My goal is to make the best offer possible, saving you the cost and time of listing the property with an agent. I will provide you the most recent comparable sales within your area so we can agree on a mutual price together and so that you would also have total transparency on the value of your house.

If you are considering selling, please feel free to call me at 818-201-4043 or send an email to kiangolchin@yahoo.com. My services are absolutely free to you.

Sincerely,

Kian Golchin

TMG Investments LLC

Encino, CA 91316

mobile (818) 201-4043

kiangolchin

any thoughts/ideas is much appreciated

thank you

"My services are absolutely free to you."

What does this imply? Be very careful using these phrases, they may be easily misinterpreted. 

Shorten up your letter as well. Make them wonder. Force them to pick up the phone and call you. 

Lastly, I send 1500 twice a month. You may want to up the ante on quantity. 

e.g.   Dear Seller, 

I buy homes in your area, and am interested in purchasing your property located at... I close quickly when I purchase homes, which means you would be paid very soon. 

Call for more info 4809809022

Andrew LeBaron

I think it's much too long. Have a look at Chris Feltus' guide here. 

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/05/03...

These people are probably getting mailed to from a slew of other investors... Keep it short and sweet, and it will actually get read. 

Those are just my thoughts. 

how's this? lol, this is how my original yellow letter looked like

=====================================================

11/11/2014

RE: 6938 Quakertown Ave Winnetka, CA 91306

Dear Ali,

If you are interested in selling your property for any reason whatsoever, I would like the opportunity to make you a very fair offer please. You would not have to pay ANY closing fees which include commissions cost, title insurance and escrow fees.

You can also sell your house to me totally AS-IS and you would not need to make or pay for ANY repairs. My goal is to make the best offer possible, saving you the cost and time of listing the property with an agent.

If you are considering selling, please feel free to call me at 818-201-4043 or send an email to kiangolchin@yahoo.com.

Sincerely,

Kian Golchin

TMG Investments LLC

Encino, CA 91316

mobile (818) 201-4043

kiangolchin@yahoo.com

That's awesome. Let us know how it goes!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here