Marketing

15 Replies

Hi guys I am on a shoestring budget what is my best course of action referring to marketing for wholesaling what do I need to do first and how much do I need to get started?

Hi Larry

A way you can start on a budget is drive/walk around and look for distress properties. Write the addresses down and look online to get the owners mailing and mail them a letter about your interest in there property. You will find a lot of info about marketing on this site. Also listen to the podcasts. 

Driving for dollars may work well for you.  Simply drive around neighborhoods looking for distressed properties, once you find one you can chat with neighbors or possibly the homeowner to figure out what is going on. This will cost you time and gas.  If you cannot get information on the property from this technique (possibly because it is an absentee owner) you can spend  a few bucks and mail out to the owner.

Larry, Welcome to BP. This site will teach you how to do anything you want to do in real estate and put you in touch with a great number of people. 

I have recently spent some time listening to some of the Podcasts and there are a handful that will help to address your issue of using a shoestring budget to come up with marketing. I love episode 81 for this among many others. Although marketing isn't free you can learn how to manage how much you need to really get started to meet your specific goals.

When your marketing what is it that you are looking for? Distressed properties? High or low Equity homes? 

I would say the cheapest is going to be what has been said already to drive around looking for properties and knocking on the door and asking them if they have thought about selling. You have to have a tradeoff somewhere its either sweat or cash. If you don't have cash then you have to do the hard stuff until you have the cash to put systems in place to produce the leads.

Good Luck! 

Michael is awesome:)

god bless you buddy!

Thanks guys for all your wisdom .

Michael Quarles that is so generous of you I will defiantly take you up on that offer,but excuse my ignorance whats is a pm. 

Originally posted by @Vanessa Burgess :

Hi Larry

A way you can start on a budget is drive/walk around and look for distress properties. Write the addresses down and look online to get the owners mailing and mail them a letter about your interest in there property. You will find a lot of info about marketing on this site. Also listen to the podcasts. 

HOW IS THAT WORKING OUT FOR YOU IN THE PA

@Larry Hatten

Larry, PM stands for Private Message.  To do that you can click a person's picture to go to their profile and you'll find a button there to send them a message.

Rah-sheen 

It helps to get the know your area better and you can actually see what properties are distress.

@Larry Hatten  Another free marketing technique is to start calling/emailing sellers/FSBOs/landlords on craigslist

@Michael Quarles  Class act, sir.  I've seen you do this several times and always impressed.

Medium blue oak tree hiAdrian Tilley, Live Oak Properties | [email protected] | 720‑943‑4403

@Michael Quarles  Class Act!!!  That's why we spend our direct mail dollars with you.

Medium logo jbh austinJerred Morris, Jerred Buys Austin Houses

That,s a grate ideal Adrian Tilley and I agree Michael Quarles is a class act.

Hi @Larry Hatten   by now you should be getting some type of traction (or not). How that looks after @Michael Quarles   generous assistance? Thanks

@Michael Quarles I sure could take you up on that deal. I just got my license and got started marketing to probate and putting business cards on mailboxes. Until I found out I couldn't do that. I have about 600 business cards but my marketing budget is tight right now. I got a couple things already funneling in that might pay me in the next 2-3 months. Would love to work something out with you. Heard a lot of good things about yellowletters.com on all the podcast I listen to!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you