Got my first call back!!

4 Replies

I sent a batch of 150 yellow letters out at the end of October (mailed on October 31, thanks again @Michael Quarles  for the hookup) to probate personal representatives, and got my first call back! The caller (I'm guessing the PR's husband, it was a man's voice saying he was calling for her) said that their son had moved into the property and they weren't interested in selling. 

So here's my question: should I return their call, even though they said they wouldn't be interested in selling? I don't want to bother them if they're not interested (the guy didn't sound upset on the message, but I don't want to change that) but at the same time I'm rather excited and want to see if I can make an opportunity out of it anyway (i.e. saying, "if you know anyone else that is interested in getting rid of a property, have them call me"). What say you, BP'ers? Thanks in advance!

@Kyle Critchnau  I would definitely still call. I would just say I wanted to thank you for responding to my flyer and then ask if he knows anyone else that may be interested in getting rid of a property just like you stated. 

@Kyle Critchnau ....Yeah i agree with @Cierra Seay . I would definitely call back and thank him. I would also ask a couple more questions to see if they know anyone else as well. 

I will also check in with them every couple of months to see what's going on with the property....hey you never know!!

Good luck!

He's calling to say, "no thanks. Please take us off your list."

If you call back, remember what it feels like to have someone contact you when you've been polite and said no thank you to the telemarketer. 

He could have been more direct, after all.

Shoukd you still decide to call, thank the family for contacting you, ask if you can be if help for anyone else they know and assure them that you will not bother them with any more letters unless they wish you to stay in touch.

I actually just got off the phone with him. I did exactly that, @Rick H.  . I called and thanked him for replying and told him that I didn't want to bother him but if he knew of anyone else that wanted to sell a property quickly, to let me know. In other news, I got another call back from a lady whose father passed away and left several condos in Tulsa, they're tied up in probate court right now but she said she would keep my information handy for when that's no longer the case. I'm really excited about all this, I was starting to think no one would respond to my yellow letters. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here