Bandit Signs In Dallas Area

6 Replies

Does anyone know if there are any areas in the DFW area where bandit signs are legal? I'm really interested in Rockwall, Wylie, Richardson, Garland etc. Anyone know?

You should be able to go to those city's websites and they might have a whole page dedicated to legal/illegal signage. At least Arlington does...that's where I am. And it's illegal for the most part.

I bet every city now has an ordinance against them  There are some fringe areas where I notice they go up and stay up for weeks.  Areas such as Rockwall and Wylie may be OK.  But Jared's right, in our city they last for about 1 to 2 days.   i suspect Garland and Richardson are as vigilant as Arlington.  I personally do not use bandit signs and I don't like to see them in my neighborhood....

@Dev Horn  is corret about Richardson.  Just don't do it.  They might last the weekend, if you put them up on Friday, ater 5, but you risk irritating everyone in the neighborhood.

Richardson specifically has very stringent signage regulations on all kinds of signs.  And, their ordinances specifically ban bandit signs.

I've spent some time looking through some city ordinances, but haven't found anything. Are there any keywords to help me find the rules?  My biggest concern is, what are the consequences? I might be willing to pay a fine or two, but don't want to risk jail time over it.

I get it. Bandit signs are a way of putting your name out there! but here is the problems

Sometimes are illegal!

They look ugly!

Their are limited by location

most of them are hard to see even is they are in bright colors

People driving can't memorize the whole flipping phone number.

ANDDDD the worsee part! They look exactly the SAME. (Dramatic tome of my voice here when I say "Same")

I have a better Idea! to help you out!

Let me know, because its too much stuff to cover in this reply.

Mario Here

have a greatttttt fenomenal outstanding day/night!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here