Votes |
Aggressive Direct Mail Campaign Strategy Suggestions

Chris Bounds
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sugar Land, TX
Posted Nov 24 2014, 18:56

Hey everyone,

I mentioned in a post about my "business reboot" that I was starting a progressive direct mail marketing campaign.  I'm looking for advice, suggestions, or any other comments on improving my campaign strategy for a more aggressive direct mail marketing strategy for absentee owners.  I am using yellowletters.com. 

My first postcard batch went out Nov 3rd. (and surprisingly the first call I received is now under contract).  My second batch goes out next week.  The week after that I'm starting my first batch of typed letters. I plan on sending 7 batches for each campaign, going out every 4 weeks.  Each batch is about 800-900 leads.

The idea was to do a split test to see which works better, but I've read other posts where some people recommended mixing up the mail type (eg: letter, postcard, zip letter) verses staying with the same mail type (only letter, postcard, or zip letter).  Any comments on doing those strategies?  My plan was to stay with the same mail type for 7 batches and then afterward put them in a general mail piece that switches mail types on a less frequent basis.  Should I start my 3rd campaign testing the mixed mail type strategy?

Also, about what % of return mail is the norm?  I received about 3% from my first postcard batch.  Is it worth saving those leads for future reference to see if a newer mailing address is updated online.

In January I'd like to crank up the marketing efforts so any comments or suggestions is appreciated.  Thanks!

Loading replies...