Can some help me skip trace these vacant properties Ive found

3 Replies

Okay group quick question as I am a huge action taker I found about 30 or 40 vacant houses driving for dollars. The issue now is the skip tracing these owners to make an offer. I have so many have any of you guys used JV agreement for someone else to help you skip trace and sort thru leads while you do the more important work i.e finding more vacant homes please help all suggestions welcome

Hey Cashmere, you can probably hire a freelancer on O-Desk to do the skip tracing if you can teach them. You can find freelancers for $4 to $5/hour. Once they have scrubbed through the data and given you the phone numbers/contact information, you can then call them. Any properties the freelancers can't find contact information, you can look into a skip tracing service (which I think charges about $24/lead). Just a thought. Good luck and I'm interested to see what others say.

@Cashmere Robinson  

I am working on a similar situation. Have you tried services like spokeo or intelius? They require a subscription but its fairly low priced and they will be helpful for more than one deal.

I also forgot. Some libraries provide the service called ReferenceUSA. It's free if your library has it. I have used a few times to find people and it has worked.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.