Company logo?

4 Replies

Im trying to get a logo made for this new venture and would like to use it for my new website. Does anyone recommend a graphics company or a diy logo maker site/program?

You can also use a site like fiverr.com and pay VAs $5 a pop to generate some logos.  For 20 dollars you can generate a few concepts that can help you choose.

Whether a $5 or $20 or (insert your low price here) logo works for your business is a question you should ask.  The normal price from a professional in the US would be $200, or often $500 and up.  Even at a low out-of-country hourly rate, is $5 going to get you something personalized for you, and the designer understanding a bit about your business, and how you want it to come across to potential customers?  When someone is thinking of, say, investing hundreds of thousands of dollars with you, your logo is part of the first impression they make about your business.  Does it say "quality" or "amateur"?  Not saying a cheap option is bad for every business, but it's something to consider carefully.

I can speak from experience that fiverr.com is hit and miss. I paid someone $5 to design a logo for me even though I have a lot of graphic design experience, and I was very disappointed. The logo was very amateurish. I had the option to get my money back, but I paid the girl and moved on. 

With that said, I also hired a guy on fiverr to  do a little web page work (wordpress) and was very happy with his work. For $5, it was an awesome deal and saved me a few hours of work I didn't want to do. I will use this guy again without question.

So, like all things, you may have luck you may not. I believe the old "you get what you pay for" probably rings true more often than not.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here