Do you scrub your list

4 Replies

As I I have done a mailing campaign a large number of my postcards have come back I have a few question what to do with them and how do you guys go about removing them from your next campaign postage does add up thanx in advance for the help

Why are they coming back is the first question to ask.

The second question to ask is, am I going to be like every other investor and throw these in the trash?

This is a timely topic for me.

Right now, my assistant is going trough the postcards that have been returned.  A few may end up getting thrown away, but for most of them we will either find another address or do a drive-by.

This may just get us a deal that someone else wouldn't find.

I have been in the process of scrubbing my full list of absentees recently.  I am finding about 30% of my older than 6 years names have sold the property already, another 10% have address changes.  Digging deeper I find the sold prices are more than I would have paid.  Once I get through my 600+ names, I plan on doing a periodic campaign as recommended by the experienced here on BP.  I have always just hit once unless I happen to see them come up again with a new for rent ad or moving sale.  I definitely attempt to locate a good address on my returned mailings!

As @Troy Fisher  said, it's important to know why they've been returned. Once that's determined, and rectified, then YES, always scrub your list. Makes no sense to throw good money after bad. Remember, your marketing, just like your business niche, should be specific and targeted, i.e., two inches wide, two miles deep...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.