Handwritten Fonts

14 Replies

Whats up BP,

I was trying to figure out where is everyone getting their handwritten fonts. I have found a site that lets me make them from my own handwriting for free and instantly at www.paintfont.com (in case anyone wants to check it out) but all of them are so uneven and they do not look good to me when I print. Mostly because of me writing them in different sizes. 

I use to hand write one then just use the copier on my printer to make more copies. This actually looked great. However, doing this takes for ever having to write in all the addresses myself. I want to just mail merge with my list and produce them much faster but I am not liking the output with the fonts. Where can I find fonts? And how much do they cost?

Also what kind of paper do you use. I was using the regular legal pad paper but it messes up and pulls in to many sheets and all kinds of stuff. Is it better with regular notebook paper.? If so do you think I could get the same results using white notebook paper and a yellow envelop?

Check out Vletter.com, best fonts I could find.  They arent cheap, between $49 and $99 - but have letter variations, and other fun stuff that looks really, really good.

I use YourFonts for handwritten font in my own handwriting. Inexpensive and decent quality.

I used myscriptfont.com. Takes a total of ten minutes and is free! I don't know how it compares but it worked fine for me.

I am curious - do people really buy into fake handwriting? 

It irritates me when I receive those "handwritten" notes from cable companies, investment promoters, etc. Do they think that trick would somehow make me more likely to respond? Or is it just me but the majority of the population gets really thrilled when they see a computer-printed "handwritten" letter?

My understanding is that it needs to just be realistic enough to get them to start reading it. If they want to sell, they'll keep reading.
I've never had the mythic 10% response rate but 5% from most mailings seams to be about what I get.

Now if I could just close the deal!!

Well @Nick B. it is a lot of people getting plenty of deals off of them so I would say that someone is buying into them. I have seen some of those handwritten ones from cable companies and stuff though and I will agree they look crappy. The point is however, to try to make it as real looking as possible so that it is to the point you  can't really tell. The ones I did where I copied my real letter looked perfect. If you held the copied one next to the written you could not tell the difference. If I can not find a font that I am satisfied with I will be doing a little test where I send out one with handwritten fonts, regular typed and straight handwritten and weigh the result against each other. I feel you about the crappy looking ones though. although if z seller really needs to sell and you are the only one that contacted them at the moment I would imagine that they won't care. 

Yeah I feel you on actually getting a real deal @Jason Douthitt . If you keep going getting that 5% you will likely get one soon or later. Good luck!

Hey all,

I just stumbled across this post and wanted to let everyone know that dafont.com was incredible in the sheer number of handwritten fonts to choose from. I have downloaded 3 or 4 and plan to see which ones have a better response rate with letters.

@Jerome Depner can you offer an update on which font worked the best for your letters?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here