Direct Mail Frequency/Duration

4 Replies

As a new member of BP I recently discovered the BP Podcast I decided to start from the beginning and I really enjoyed episode 12 with Sharon Vornholt (side note to Josh Dorkin and Brandon Turner, I enjoy all of them!).  I like the idea of being persistent with direct mailings.  My question is what is the best number of direct mailings to send to someone and how frequently? I'm sure like every question in real estate the answer is "it depends" haha but if anyone could share what works best for them it would be a big help!

Thank you,

Hey @Jacob Boesen  thanks so much! Glad you are enjoying it. There are a few podcast episodes with direct mailers, so be sure to listen to those also, but yeah - the one with @Sharon Vornholt  was awesome! 

Anyway, I thought I would bump your thread a bit! I'm sure @Michael Quarles  or @Jerry Puckett  would have some insight also :)

Jacob -

I would recommend that you get a list that is the size you can mail to every month; that is the key; mail to them monthly until one of 3 things happen;

• You buy the house
  • Someone else buys the house
  • Or they are removed from your list for some reason (such as they ask to be removed)

Sharon

PS: @Brandon Turner  - thanks for the shout out.

@Sharon Vornholt

So I just jumped in to this thread looking for some more information on Direct mail frequency. Do you find that the one month interval is the best? I have been curious about mailing once every week or every other week. Just curious to see what your thoughts on that are.

Thanks

Mail once a month Blake. Remember that you will be mailing for a very long time; until you buy the house, someone else buys the house or they are removed from your list for some reason.

Sharon

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide