Court House Strategy

3 Replies

Court houses have been suggested to me as a way to obtain  lists for my direct mail campaign. What type of information can I get from the courthouse (ex. probate)?  Also when I go to the courthouse, what do I ask for in order to find the information I will need?

Thank you for your help!

This post has been removed.

For probate leads some jurisdictions allow you to search online while others require you to come to the courthouse. Probates are one of the sexy targets right now in RE investing - so that means everyone is doing it. There is tons of competition in that space and absentee owners. Good luck!

Jacob -

You can get probates at the courthouse, but you may also be able to get them from another source; possibly on line or in your newspaper.  Call your probate court and ask them.  You may get lucky like I did and find someone that will just tell you how and when you can get the leads.  There is some competition initially, but most folks don't stay in the game long term where direct mail is concerned.

Your other lists can be purchased from listsource.com or another list provider.  You may also be able to get a list of code violations free from your local code enforcement. You will have to do some research for your area.

Good luck.

Sharon

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.