need large wall map of my city

8 Replies

I am going to focus on specific areas to market to in my town and would like to have a large street map to go on the wall.  Does anyone know where to get one.  Thanks.  Paul Coin.

I'd try googling for the map then find a printing shop (Kinko's, FedEx or a local company) that will blow it up for you and print it out.  There are also a number of online printing companies that could blow it up and mail it directly to you.  Google is your friend!

Thomas guide maps have all metro area maps in wall size.. I have one for every market I work

thanks much

I used to have Thomas Bros make custom maps for me when they were headquartered in nearby Irvine, CA. They had a "will call" desk in front lobby. 

I still have those maps, including the one for pricey Santa Ynez valley are of Santa Barbara county that I used when I was hunting to buy a ranch.

The final map was on the scale that I preferred, was mounted on foam board backing and is laminated. Very helpful, although not inexpensive.

Thomas Bros sold out to Rand McNally a few years back and seems to be out of the custom map busines but continues to offer maps for select metro areas.

As @Michael Seeker  suggested, just find the map you need and have printed (and mounted) by local printer with banner format printer.

I've also found MS Maps & Trips useful by creating community separate maps, adding radii circles and printing out 8 X 11 via color printer.

I ran into the same problem. I did screen grabs of the area I wanted in google and used photoshop to assemble it into a large file that can be custom printed to poster size.  I haven't printed it yet, but it's on the list to do over the holidays.

Good luck.  

try Town Hall...Engineering Dept or DPW

Thanks for all replies.  Great help.  Paul Coin.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide